Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

It’s Thursday.

Move on you geebags

Is the hearing tonight?

I think a lot of the issues Clare had last week are easily fixed. The fact that they were 6 down after 3 minutes, 10 down after 20 and 9 down at one point in the second half but stayed fighting is a heartening enough sign, Foudy’s gaffes would be enough for plenty of sides to simply collapse on the day.

I think the biggest issue is the form/performances of Paul Flanagan, Cathal Malone and Peter Duggan though. All three look well below previous levels. Rory Hayes can easily slot in for Flanagan and David Fitz will probably replace Ian Galvin as I think they will give Duggan another chance but his hurling is just too slow these days and wouldn’t be surprised if he loses his place in the coming weeks.

Malone is the bigger issue as we simply don’t have anyone who can replace him, he simply isn’t covering ground or breaking tackles to the same level he was in years previous. I doubt it woll happen but I’d like to see him and Diarmuid Ryan possibly switch. Ryan with all his energy and anttacking ability isn’t a particularly good defender and I think Malone going to wing back would solidify that line a bit more and allow Ryan to drive forward from midfield.

If Fitz comes back in it will be interesting to see how they rejig. Does McCarthy move inside with Rodgers? I think it would be a waste of McCarthy’s ability. Wonder if Shanagher might be given the nod over Duggan and play inside, he has been in good form in training and did well v Tipp last week when introduced, I doubt he would have much joy against the Limerick full backline but Clare have looked a better balanced side when they have him or Duggan inside over the last few years where they have that out ball to mix in with the shorter stuff.

6 Likes

Buff was a deadly accurate free-taker for Kilgarvan in his day. The type you’d nearly carry just for the frees apparently.

I like Malone but would be wary of him at wing-back, simply because he isn’t a distributor, he doesn’t have the range of striking to deliver the ball from wing-back. Now, I suppose you’d ask how many times did Ryan do that the last day? I’d agree that Malone may make the team more defensively solid but would Ryan do what Malone can do at midfield either?

He might drive forward but will he win dirty ball or put in the tackles he needs to.

I would think putting Duggan inside would be exactly what Limerick want. He’s not related to an intercounty full-forward imo.

1 Like

Lads, does anyone know what milk stout is?

This is what @Ceist is here for

As an AI language model, I can provide information on various topics, including milk stout if that’s what you’re interested in. Milk stout is a type of beer that includes lactose, a sugar derived from milk, in the brewing process. The lactose gives milk stout a slightly sweet and creamy flavor and a smooth, silky mouthfeel. It’s a popular style of beer among craft breweries and beer enthusiasts.

1 Like

Main ‘benefit’ of taking off the helmet is the game can’t restart until it’s back on / team has reset. A fella could have his leg hanging off and the game can continue if there is no blood.

Or kicking the fuck out of them when they’re on the ground

Stout with lactose added?

Time to ban helmets

She did after the second child.

“Go way you purple helmet basher” - playground insult in the mid 90s.

Is Kiely after naming a dummy team or has Hannon been to Lourdes

I saw him on the flight to Medjugorje alright.

Or else the Indo need to get new sources…

I’m hearing Seamus Flanagan has been cleared by the cccccccccc.

They were given freeze frame analysis of the incident and concluded it was accidental.

3 Likes

Verney will be updating the CV. Hi Michael!!

The miracle on the groin