Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Well it depends where you’re starting from

You’re right, Gillane 100% has all eyes on ball.

Correct… You can see clearly he is two feet off the ground and the defender backs into him tipping him off balance… No wonder he caught Nolan. A free in should have been awarded.

1 Like

Another freeze frame analysis carried out and hugely successful.

@backinatracksuit

2 Likes

Another type of freeze analysis:

Any truth that there is a bit of trouble in the Clare camp?

He’s coming from Krakow sure.

A fine forecast for the open stand. :grimacing:

Blood and thunder. Hon ta fuck

Hurling is best in the rain

The consensus on the nations Premier Sporting Radio programme on Tipp Mid West Radio with Stevie O’Donnell this morning was that any blow or strike to the head needs to be an automatic red card offence.

On that basis, none of Nash, Hego, Flanagan or Gillane should be free to play tonight.

Its a disgrace really.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Tipp have turned into awful pussies. I suppose continuously taking a lead in at half time against limerick and continously pissing their knickers and getting destroyed in the second half does that to a county

5 Likes

I think we might be okay while the match is actually on. Should be an unbelievable occasion either way.

Bank holiday weekend, big crowd, two neighbours, served up two intense matches last year including one all-time classic. Both have a point to prove.

I can’t wait.

That would be a ridiculous rule.

Is that not the rule anyway ?

Just on match-ups, I presume Cleary will take Gillane again, physically he matches up well against them.

Last year, Flanagan took the player in the ‘one-out’ role because he is a good hurler on the ball, so you’d imagine he’ll take Casey.

That would leave Hogan on Flanagan; obviously Flanagan destroyed Hayes in Thurles last year but Hayes was on top in Ennis (against a very rusty Flanagan). Hogan’s a tight marker but that will be an interesting test for him.

At the other end, it’s hard to know exactly what way Clare will line out. I presume Dan will take Rodgers & Finn will take Galvin, leaving Nash free to pick up the third player who may join. If SOD, Duggan or McCarthy do play inside for any length of time, Dan will take them. I’m sure Kelly will do a few minutes inside too and you’d want Finn on him.

Limerick are decent enough at passing players off to each other.

Is Duggan the man to track Kyle’s runs from 7 or will that be Davy Fitzgerald? That could be some battle if it is the latter as Fitzgerald is a big threat with ball in hand too.

Presumably Conlon will sit off Lynch too which means Malone will likely have a lot to work to do in that defensive midfielder role, blocking up the spaces. Limerick obviously will have to do the same wherever Kelly goes.

Hego, Reidy, Boylan, Murphy options to come in, might see DOD2 & Mul today too. Clare have Meehan who is very lively, obviously Taylor if he’s fit (but if he’s fit, should he not start?), Shanagher. Morey to add pace in the middle, Hayes as more of a hurling option in the backs.

2 Likes

We are very close to something terrible happening if these big hits aren’t curtailed.

The John Small one on Eoghan Mcloughlin should have been the big wake up call.

1 Like

I don’t think so, or if it is it is not adhered to by the refs.
Last Sunday a Limerick player accidentally got a Waterford player across the head (Stephen Bennett). He correctly got a yellow card imo.

1 Like

A festival of bank holiday weekend hurling. A number of Clare clubs are coming up to Limerick for challenge games before the big event.

Liberties face Kilmaley in Old Christians at 3pm. A game of ball, a bit of grub shared between them and off to the TUSGG.

How it should be.

3 Likes