Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Interesting perspective, live I thought he was constantly
Showing and trying to do something start to finish.

Anyone in open stand? What happened that man/woman who got hit with a sliotar I think? The paramedics were there for ages. Looked v serious.

Happens way more than you might think. I’d a boss at work die watching a game in Croke Park in the early 00s, was only in his 50s.

1 Like

From highlights I watched last weekend he was probably a little greedy in possession.

He took a few scores when goal chances were workable i thought.

This is the second place I’ve heard this so am curious now. I was close enough to the emergency and cannot recall an errant sliothar going into that area.

Not a bad way to go tbh

1 Like

Were you not below in Ennis?

I was in me hoop

If Waterford managed to push on last week Limerick would have been in serious danger of exiting the championship. Almost an incomprehensible scenario 3 or 4 weeks ago. I thought Limerick were vulnerable and last Sunday wasnt a blip. It is impossible to keep up the high levels of intensity and workrate that we have seen from them. Of course they could very well win the All Ireland again but they are not the foregone conclusion they once were. If they were to win it it would be very much in the manner of 2018 edition in which they fell over the line as opposed to last few years where they blitzed teams.

Time to bring Kyle to 11 again perhaps?

2 Likes

Think father of Joe Errity (spelling?), ex Offaly & Birr, died watching one of those Birr All Ireland club final wins. Hopefully I don’t have it arseways & haven’t said something out of turn but think I’m right. Errity obviously only found out after the match.

1 Like

I was asking lads beside me he said in the Clare warm up with the mini game, two poles either end for goals a player lashed a ball into the crowd (obviously scoring a goal at the time). Just awful luck. Seemed v serious though

Lots of these things are mutually exclusive. If limerick lost last week they would have had to win today meaning they probably would have. Clare had a lot riding on today as opposed to Limerick so it’s no surprise the result tonight.

Ah you can’t take the round robin serious. Shadow boxing.

Grandma Smile GIF by what3words

1 Like

Was this related to the person who apparently lost their life?

Fuck off? Tonight? I didn’t even hear

Yeah that happened…the medics were sat right in front of me and a steward called them to deal with someone hit with a sliotar

1 Like

That’s awful sad news from the match

1 Like

Always put everything into perspective. Its a game at the end of the day.

I was thinking not to be flippant here how bad a sliotar could do damage.