Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Shur they only have one asterisked All Ireland since hurling was invented in 2018.

1 Like

You are correct in lots of ways. Any reason why there was only 2,000 Tipperary fans and @peddlerscross with his life coach and partner last year in Limerick. Is it fair to say the core support for Tipperary is low in comparison to a county like Cork and even god forbid Limerick. When Clare go bad they might be lucky to bring 1,000 to a game, up there with some of the fairest weather support in the country.

I hate to tell the Limerick’s this, but in 2019 as soon as Galway were knocked out of Leinster, everyone in Tipp more or less knew the All Ireland was ours to lose and so it proved.

Limerick weren’t really on the radar at all. I know they caught us cold in a Munster Final but when the serious business started in Croke Park, it was more or less a procession for Tipp bar the Wexford game when it was 14 v 16 and we just about got the job done. The final was won by the bones of 20 points.

Meanwhile, Limerick were flying up and down the sideline, looking at laptops and clipboards trying to figure out how to beat the worst Kilkenny team in 30 years and failing to do so.

28 Likes

Thats a tremendous post.

2 Likes

Are you @Brimmer_Bradley or a little deranged in the head. It has to be one of the two. :ghost:

I loved this bit. It’ll drive the lads mad until someone gets the message out on the telegram group.

Why? You might not like it but its the truth.

I remember playing a club league over in Loughmore the night Dublin beat Galway when Galway were knocked out and after it was explained to everyone that Galway were OUT (no one could believe this), it was the unanimous view of everyone (they know their hurling in Loughmore) that it was a straight run to the All Ireland for Tipp then.

Limerick weren’t good that year - they were hammered on home soil by Cork, well held by Tipp in Thurles and couldn’t beat the worst Kilkenny team in 30 years in Croke Park.

We use chatgpt on the private group so they have already received this, get with the times.

You might want to check again.

[/quote=“binkybarnes, post:3429, topic:36090, full:true”]
Thats a tremendous post.
[/quote]

Its only taken him 5 years to come up with that one. I expect we will get the excuses for 20; 21and 22 over the next three years. Jaysus I cant wait .

Have another crack at it there @Esso_Oil. Third times a charm.

The poor Limerick’s are all over the shop.

They only started studying freeze fames 2 weeks ago and are already experts on it.

I cleared Peter Casey in 2021 bud. That’s 2 years.

Was there any freeze frames of the Gillane and Hayes assaults?

No need. The two guys were killed stone dead.

4 Likes

The Limericks appear to be living rent free in your head. You’ll give yourself an aneurism. Be Zen.

2 Likes

Poor lad is so in awe of Limerick he goes up to Dublin to watch them while his own county are in an All Ireland Final up the road on the same day.

1 Like

@peddlerscross

6 Likes

As John Kiely alluded to yesterday you are only sharing the partial context, and not the full context here.

The U17 Minor All Ireland is effectively Transition Years hurling - its not a big deal at all so I wasn’t overly bothered with attending a ‘children’s match’ as my good e-pal @Bandage would say.

I was in Dublin anyway for some social activities and took in some hurling, as is my right while I was there.

1 Like

Gave you a like there because I’m fucking seething after reading that.

8 Likes