Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Please God Kyle Hayes will be trampling all over some fat arsed, wristy Tipp club hurler in a few weeks… like he always does

Cark will beat Tipp…waterford and Tipp won’t get out of Munster this year…

It was a good one in fairness though

It’s great to see the Tipp boys back with a bit of fire :clap:

The procession included huffing and puffing past Wexford and a 14 man Laois to get to the final, lest anyone forget.

2 Likes

The softest AI ever won?

1 Like

download.jpeg-1

2 Likes

So close to being Paddy Purcell in that picture.

1 Like

Sure anyone of Laois, Wexford or Tipp could’ve won it, all down to that 65 not being given.

Discipline cost ye.

Tipp were literally laughing at Laois for 70 odd minutes.

And then they went and did the lap of honour at the end to confirm our suspicions about the poor misfortunes.

Does that mean we should have gotten Liam for 3 months?

A rare indiscretion.

1 Like

Cork threw in Mark Ellis in at centre back from the terrace and beat the Greatest Limerick team of all time.

7 Likes

Lads using children’s hurling matches to try to land a blow on you is desperate stuff.

Great post earlier about 2019 earlier btw. I sure acknowledge we got the refereeing rub of the green that day. Accepting that, there was a stage in the first half when I thought we were going to win it when Shaun Murphy was careering forward into the Tipp half over & over again, with Bubbles O’Dwyer quizzically looking at him & then staring at the bench. There was a stage where Tipp didn’t know what to do & were caught like rabbits in the head lights.

I’ve never watched the game back but we got a reprieve after we started to panic &/or hit the wall physically. Tipp had cut into our lead with a few points & we got a scuttery goal that should have settled us down. But we didn’t manage to RECENTER ourselves. I can still see in my mind’s eye an incident after that goal where I think we could have definitively won it. Conor McDonald won a ball in front of his marker, centrally around 40 yards out & had a panicked shot on the turn that went wide. I can’t recall who it was but we had another player bursting through on an untracked straight run into open green space behind McDonald & his marker. If McDonald had flicked/handpassed the ball into his path then it would have been a clear run in on goal for a 1 v 1.

4 Likes

@Bandage Can you pin point a moment in time where Wexford became such after thoughts in hurling? Is there a worry locally ye like turn into an Offaly, Laois or a Tipperary?

There’s some amount of rattled lads on the forum today…

1 Like

The split season / super eights has finished hurling in most counties.

2 Likes

All we need is Waterford to beat Clare to have the best Munster round robin in history.

It will drive a few lads around here demented.

2 Likes

I won’t answer that question right now, but I’m going to attend Dublin-Wexford on Saturday evening. This will be my first Wexford game since the reverse fixture in last year’s round robin & I hope to draw some conclusions after I watch Wexford live. I therefore vow to revert back to you early next week.

1 Like