Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

How many times have you said this now you simple cunt

3 Likes

Worrying times for the big house

Nothing has changed from last week. We have to win both games. We’re not relying on others.

Two draws for Limerick gets them to 4.
Tipp and Cork to 4 as well.
Wins for Clare v Cork and Waterford gets them to 6.
Waterford beating Tipp gets them to 2.

Limerick go out on scoring difference.

You shoulda left him off and see how many more times he bleated it

I think it’s really going to come down to a final day permutation headache for big Daz Frehill

I still have ye at 6 on my prediction table. Hopefully we give ye a rattle and/or put a few wheelie bins on the goal line

I haven’t repeated myself once

If Limerick lose to Tipp the maximum amount of points they can get is 4 and Tipp are guaranteed qualification and finishing ahead of Limerick.

Clare already have the drop on Limerick on the two-way head to head. Cork and Tipp drawing greatly reduces the chance of a three way head to head and scoring difference coming into it.

I’m taking Clare beating Waterford as a given, which it probably is.

So if Tipp beat Limerick and Cork beat Clare, Cork and Tipp are on five points, Clare are on 4 but guaranteed qualification because they’ve beaten Limerick.

So Limerick would be out regardless of what they do against Cork.

Clare will have to go for it against Cork however because that game takes place before Tipp v Limerick.

Should there be a Clare victory over Waterford and a Cork victory over Clare, Limerick would know that a defeat to Tipp would eliminate them.

Should Clare beat both Waterford and Cork and Limerick beat Tipp, Limerick would still be eliminated by losing to Cork, presuming Tipp beat an already eliminated Waterford. Cork won in Limerick in 2019.

1 Like

The next power ranking should be epic

1 Like

Poor standard tonight. Leaking four goals to Cork is not a good sign.

If Limerick manage the break well and return to form they’ll wipe the smirk off a few faces.

Big if. A big if.

1 Like

Fuck Tipp.

2 Likes

Lohan made the point after the limerick match that the fixtures are ill conceived as Clare will have all four games played while Limerick will only have two played at that point.

Granted there will always be quirks where one team has a bye and has to sit out the final round but the Tipp Limerick game should really have been before the Clare Cork one in the interest of sporting fairness

4 Likes

Tipp fucked themselves tonight.

An incredible enjoyable evening all told. Everything still in the melting pot afterwards, Cork need to win another game, I think they’re up against it but I think they’ll turn Clare over.
Tipp deserved the points tonight I think, but it’s a 70 minute game, and you’d have to say that Cork showed that they won’t lie down, they’ll have better days,
Dalton was really good tonight, a few lads had a tough night but you can’t question their desire, I thought Joyce was poor tonight, Lehane did well when introduced.
Fuck this, I’ll be all week thinking about it, I need to watch it back

Happy enough to come away with something, think Tipp are really really good, certainly in the conversation for the ultimate prize

3 Likes

Did you enjoy the cordials in the stand between the supporters? that’s what really matters.

1 Like

Sure Limerick are as good as out

There’s fellas out with calculators trying to eliminate Limerick. Win both games and we are in the Munster Final, simple as that.

I suspect Cork’s current total of 3 points will be their final total.

5 Likes

A couple of lads could blow their load tonight

1 Like

I didn’t have cordial, I’m not the driver tonight :man_shrugging: