Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Meidya.

I’m looking forward to being back in Semple stadium with my auld lad.

I’m not look forward to being back in Semple stadium with my sister.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the game this evening as a neutral, last 10/15 were very exciting. Im being honest though and going to say I wasnt overly impressed by either team but especialy Cork. I expected them to win but their battling qualities to get a result aside I saw too many old failings.

Tipp are much improved on last season and deserved to win the game, Tynan was excellent. Did I think they were brilliant, no.

For me a Limerick team anywhere near the standard of the last few years wins both remaining games, the big imponderable is whether Limerick will get to that level. Truth be told if we don’t then fair enough and we fully deserve to go out. On what I saw tonight I’d expect Clare to beat Cork in Ennis

1 Like

Cork were very bad.

Tipp’s use of the ball was far superior to Cork’s. Tipp won all of the breaking ball, and the midfield battle. Even in our half back line, If a high ball didn’t fall on top of Joyce, Tipp were winning it.

Cork showed great fight and punished Tipp for never putting the game beyond Cork. Cork will also rue bad wides and very soft goals conceded to Tipp in the second half.

The game was poor fare until the last 15 minutes but Jesus the end was absolutely crazy. One of the most exciting last 10 minutes I’ve ever seen

10 Likes

Tipp don’t have the speed for Limerick.

Yeah as you say there Tipp will be wondering how they didnt win. Good sign for Cork I suppose that they got something in the end then.

Very enjoyable last 15!

First trip to new PUC tonight and got great entertainment in a fine stadium with a lively atmosphere. Thought Corks first touch was really poor. Collins in goal, other than his excellent flick for Callanans chance, had a woeful game. And Barrett in acres of space 65 yards out, only to decide to carry the ball to the 45 before taking a shot that was blocked down by a Tipp man, was typical of the brainless stuff going on.

3 Likes

You for a start, suggesting Joyce was an elite player ffs!

Tipp will be annoyed not to have won that game tbh. They were the better team, but just have really slow backs and were vulnerable when Cork ran at them.

From a Cork point-of-view, they’ll take heart that they fought to the end and never let Tipp get away from them even when it seemed as if they were utterly dominant. Harnedy won a few balls at crucial stages, including for the third goal.

They struggled to win that hard ball around the middle though; the dropping of Meade was really strange and they seriously missed him. I like Brian Roche a lot but he was ineffective today. Tynan, Stakelum, McCormack, McGrath, Kennedy, O’Connor; all seemed to be on top in those battles in the middle.

Considering that, Cork did really well to get something out of the game because they only hurled in fits & starts. Definitely need to look at the balance of their team, I think.

Expand there

He is an elite player. He showed that tonight. Made or two mistakes but he’s still class.

3 Likes

He is a great bit of stuff.

2 Likes

She’s a fucking weapon at a match. She will be incredibly negative and/or start a row with @thelimericks.

I recalled here before that she nearly came to blows with a hefty Galway woman sitting behind us before… At a fucking league match.

13 Likes

Ah lovely, you need that bit of cut

1 Like

No harm in that.

1 Like

He’s has a long way to go as a centre back IMO

You won’t be saying that if she hits you across the head with a programme in a few weeks. Ye’ve been warned.

3 Likes

Anything to add to this after a brutal display tonight. I can’t believe they left him on the whole game. @Thomas_Brady is correct, a ham.

11 Likes

Felt like a loss at the end really, should have put Cork away, although last year Tipp would have lost that type of game.