Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

He managed his own club Burgess in 2021 too.

Was involved with Sheedy in 2019 but not sure why he was let go afterward - possibly a cost cutting measure during Covid.

Every year we hear and read about different teams changing their approach to the modern game etc - its very tiresome.

You’d have the lads on Sunday Sport every spring convinving us Kilkenny were trying to alter their game and ‘work it through the lines’ more. Then once the big days in Croke Park came, it was back to basics and you’d see Paddy Deegan/Padraig Walsh/Eoin Murphy etc all just driving it as long as and as high as possible on top of TJ, Walter, Billy Ryan etc.

Win your corner. Simple as.

2 Likes

“You have a 20x20 yard patch on the field - you win that patch, we win the game”

1 Like

These fellas put too much emphasis on a pub piss up competition. No one bothered their hole training for it before Joe.

Sure it was only pass it to Joe anyway

Maybe I’m biased towards that kind of thing, but I always find the ones that yer man McDonnell does quite interesting.

He’s very good at providing the context in which the numbers exist in.

Willie at the back, Joe up top. Unbeatable.

When was this?

Any time they got to the final before 1975?

No thats not accurate

I think Waterford are dangerous, but Clare are a top drawer team and should deal with it.

Galway received a bye to the final in 1928, 1955 and 1958.

1928 was a beauty. They lost 6-12 to 1-0 to Cork.

Getting a bye to the final was a lovely little GAA tradition of old. New York had a bye to the NFL final in 1988 and 1989, a revival of a tradition started in the 1960s.

Incredibly, in 1964 Dublin lost the “real” final to New York having beaten Down in the “Home” final at Croke Park. This was the day the era of the Duds truly began.

“We were contenders as long as I was there”
I wonder why Joe?
Does anyone seriously think that sleeping in a caravan in a deserted holiday village and being dragged out of bed at 4am to run up a damp ditch makes a team hurl better?

6 Likes

A few of those Waterford players have little to no training down since the cork game. So I am wondering how fit they are? It might be no harm if they are ready to go as they looked leaden footed v cork.
I am hoping Iralaith Daly is ok. He has been out injured for ages and now he is straight back in making the team. If he is up to it he is a great addition.

1 Like

They’ll be right by year 3 of the cycle. Davy’s got this, the build up to next year starts now

Just filling the tank with dirty diesel before convoluting a way to blow it out.

1 Like

Another great piece of spoofer punditry from earlier this week

I saw a snippet on twitter last Monday from off the ball with perpetual spoofer Sarah O’Donovan in the studio - she was shitting in about Antrim and started bullshitting away saying she had been watching their Dunloy contingent very closely all autumn/winter in the club championships and she wasn’t surprised to see they are running out of steam as they are on the go six months non stop - she then tried to reel off a few of the Dunloy lads names “you know the likes of Neil McManus, ahhh” long pause “ahh and the rest of the Dunloy lads”

Neil Mcmanus hurls for Cushendall

12 Likes

Who would Sarah O Donovan be?

Former cork camogie player - I enjoy seeing snippets of her musings on hurling. She speaks with great confidence but knows fuck all and makes some baffling comments

2 Likes

She called out the Clare lads for pulling and dragging thelimericks though and said that the referees might not stand for that the next day out.

2 Likes