Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Youre at nothing if you don’t have a Sun Tzu quote.

I suspect there are only 2 or 3 Sun Tzu quotes out in general use. I doubt Derek read the whole of the Art of War and picked out the same quote that everyone else uses.

2 Likes

The anti Derek crowd would sicken you.

1 Like

I think the Art of War was written before the Munster Championship became a round robin so I’m not sure how relevant it is anyway

6 Likes

Whatever anyone thinks about him, he has come the closest of any manager to winning an All Ireland for Waterford in over sixty years. Fact.

2 Likes

I’d often use Sun. I’d never be without a copy of it truth be told

Another prize twat.

3 Likes

I’d be more into Machiavelli myself

I’d say Derek has a book of famous quotes inside in the jacks.

1 Like

He has them hand written in the a4 foolscap he carries around and I’d garner to guess he has the Sun Tzu one’s starred and highlighted.

1 Like

In this toilet there is no paper
Behind the door you’ll find a scraper
If the scraper can’t be found
Then tear your arse along the ground.

Or use the book of quotes.

1 Like

He fudged it with arguably one of the best panels possible. Spare us please.

2 Likes

Did he win?

I wouldn’t be a regular reader of his articles but that was a lovely one.

He must be totally up his own hole

He managed to lose an All Ireland final to Galway ffs

2 Likes

What would Sun Tzu have done different in the last 15 of the AIF in 2017 I wonder

Quoted Derek McGrath

6 Likes

Cathal Berry should be running the country

Our first ever championship defeat to Galway, I think it’s our only championship defeat to Galway.

I think when he / we blew a big lead in a league game (1/4 final?) to Galway in salthill that year it transformed Galway’s season and their belief. We were 10 points up at one stage and Derek started messing about with subs and left Maurice shanahan on frees when he was missing quite a few of them.
Galway went on to win the league and went on a great run that summer after it.

1 Like

Or even in the early stages when Shane Bennett got injured. Bringing Maurice Shanahan on then was a mistake imo.

We can always go back to that Kevin Moran wide in the second half too.

1 Like

A game Waterford really fucked away in retrospect