Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Is this the lowest ebb for Waterford hurling. Maybe Patsy Fanning was worse but last 2 outings have been abysmal. They dominated possession in the first half and were well in the game but double figure wides in that first half is very frustrating. Shooting from ridiculous distances seems to be something Waterford do a lot by design but also out of necessity as they play with no forward line. Bubbles seemed incredulous trying to work out what the plan was. It was debatable if many of those wides were even scoring chances. He cited Montgomery who had 3 wides and asked does he keep shooting? Aussie Gleeson hit a few as well and its almost like, as Bubbles said, they are looking over at the sideline for instruction of what to do next. Waterford havent scored a goal in 3 championship games. Thats unheard of. The best thing they could do is thank Davy for his efforts and move on. 2 more years of this is unconscionable.

Clare did what they had to do. Tony Kelly lit it up again as is his want in games like that but he has looked sharp regardless of what level of attention was afforded to him. Conlon had an armchair ride. McInerney could be a big loss if he is out of the Cork game. I think Clare are very short on cover in their half back line. Midfield dominated and they compliment each other very well. SOD looked very lively as well and his graph has been rising with each passing game. Hard to analyse Clare overall. Up to sending off and HT I thought they looked bang average but they got a vice like grip on Waterford and used spare man effectively. I’m not sure the performance would be good enough to beat Cork. Couple of unsavoury scenes with Hayes going down after a flick from Bennett. We have to see that stamped out of the game and players booked. Its cuntish behaviour. Also Clare took 2 or 3 quick frees or ground stroke ones with Waterford a beaten docket. Hardly a need for showboating and rubbing salt in the wounds with the game won.

12 Likes

Good the way our dynasty’s greatest goal came from that :rofl:

Derek McGrath and Davy are enemies of hurling

7 Likes

Will Davy still be in charge for the Tipp match?

1 Like

It was disgusting and I hope it gets highlighted on TSG (they won’t have much else to review) tomorrow. Whatever about fellas making a meal out of opponents striking out, Bennett was basically just brushing him off in this case. It wasn’t far off Tiernan McCann’s hair injury.

3 Likes

I didn’t watch this.

Clare have beaten Limerick and hammered Waterford

Is part of the bating today that Clare are very very good this year ?

1 Like

It was probably worse.than the McCann one for me.

Could the same be said for Lyon’s second yellow?

They are handy. Cork game is no more than 50 50. Could quite conceivably blow up again if they played Kilkenny. I’m not convinced by them yet. Especially if Tony Kelly is held. I dont know who Cork will have to nullify him. Niall O Leary picked up Jake Morris the last day and has marked him before and did ok so maybe him.

1 Like

Who knows. The Waterford County Board and master recruitment guru Fergal Hartley are very invested in Davy’s 3 year vision. Nobody else wants him.

2 Likes

He needs to the road, and he needs the road tonight, hurling has moved on from dinosaurs like him and Derek McGrath with their shit hurling

1 Like

The awful reality is that if Davy is still in charge this time next year you will get the exact same tactics and display, little if anything will change. He doesn’t innovate, he just puts out the same shit on a stick every day.

Wexford wasted five years under him and look an absolute rabble now. Waterford will suffer the same fate if they persist with him. Their players must already dread going back training next November and listening to the same scutter.

James Skehill knew.

Waterford need a strong chairman or secretary to grab hold of this and say ‘it’s not working, thanks for your service.’

That young fella with the big square head acting as his sidekick needs the road too.

31 Likes

He innovated today. The bomber came up with new puckout routines

3 Likes

Saw no showboating

I think the word scutter sums up Davy & all he stands for perfectly.

1 Like

Tipp are basically on five points now so they might not be too focused on Limerick.

Limericks Rory Hayes.

Ballybrowns Rory Hayes

If Clare beat Cork, limerick will have to beat Cork to get third. If Cork beat Clare, limerick will need two wins. You’d imagine Tipp will hammer Waterford.

Christ that’s filth