Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

A topic of serious debate. The daughter will go against me regardless. The young lad is 100% Limerick.

6 Likes

When was the last time Semple Stadium was sold out for a Munster Championship game that wasn’t a Munster Final? I’m going to go with the 1997 Tipp vs Limerick match

Is it sold out?

Fuckin split season.

Its not sold out.

A good question. Seán Treacy & Tulla Pipe Bands have done Munster Finals before. Maybe the Milstreet and Liam Lynch bands? I’m sure TFK has an expert on this topic.

1 Like

I’m not saying tomorrow is sold out. I’m just speculating as to the last time it was for a non Munster Final, Munster Championship game

1 Like

Wasn’t a sell out but there was a monster crowd in for the 2019 game that didn’t matter a fuck and which John Kiely essentially threw. Close to 40k at it.

I’d say you would be going back to the knock out era alright and then “sell out” was probably a loose term. You would have had 50k plus for games in Thurles then.

@StoneCold did you go to the biker fest?

Limerick will fillet Tipp today. You can take that to the bank

2 Likes

Lads here are like the two oul fellas in the Muppets. Bring back the pipe band. No the artane boys band. No the pipe band.

2 Likes

Bring back the pipe band.

3 Likes

Were ye living in Tipp for a while? My sister spent her first five years in Kilkenny. She went to the 91 All Ireland supporting them and me Tipp. I never stop reminding her of this as she hates the cunts now

Surely Noel McGrath won’t start at 12….him and McCormack will surely swap.

Bonner doesn’t have the legs anymore.

If Clare are beaten, Tipp have a genuine chance of knocking Limerick out today if they name a strong starting XV. But I fear the beatings Cahill took from Limerick while Waterford manager are influencing him here. It’s almost like he wants to throw this game, give some young fellas experience while happy in the knowledge Tipp are through if they beat Wford.

2005?

I think there was 39,115 at Tipp vs Limerick in 2019. That’s the largest crowd I can remember for a non-Munster final in some time. Will today top that?

Twas heaving

1 Like

Yes that was a Final. I’m talking about games that weren’t finals

Clare & Tipp attracted huge crowds back in the day

I’d four fellas who travelled without tickets that day. One by one I got them all sorted into same terrace. Last one was sorted 15 minutes before throw in.

There were more at that game than the final that year I think.

1 Like