Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Do it for them all.

6 Likes

Fucking A

2 Likes

Would that be the end of the world?

3 Likes

Tipp by 4. Both teams to finish with 14 men

Play at full volume before heading in tomorrow lads.

It may not be part of the official build up any more these days but it is essential.

2 Likes

The CD of the anthem in Thurles is actually quite good and is the least of our worries.

The Sean Treacy Band are gone a bit shook now too. They are all very old men now and struggle to march around the field and keep their rhythm. The Artane Band are much much younger and can march at breakneck speed without missing a beat.

Liam O’Donnchu is the man who’ll be missed most on days like tomorrow. His reassuring voice on the tannoy calling out the teams was absolutely iconic.

1 Like

For a fella who loves the nostalgia of the championship you are badly wrong here.

What do you mean?

I used love them but there will hardly even be a Sean Treacy Pipe band there in 5 years they are so old.

The Munster Council cant just pluck lads out of the stand to play the pipes at every game.

Another casualty of the split season.

2 Likes

The closure of the briquette factory had a big effect there

1 Like

Yes in the old format they’d probably still be able to get through the 4 Munster Championship games (1 QF, 2 SF, 1 Final) over a 6 week period but 10 round robin games and a Final is way, way too much for lads who must be all in their 70’s now.

You couldnt explain that to the split season zealots though. They want it every way.

2 Likes

They must be fair shook if they can’t do Tipp matches and a Munster final in Thurles.

The Arthane band do be playing ridiculous pop shite.

They do a great version of God Save Ireland

1 Like

When they break into God Save Ireland coming around by Hill 16 during the parade, it never fails to get the hairs on the back of your neck.

Theres only one day in the Sean Treacy Band each summer now and thats the Munster Final.

1 Like

The Artane boys have been doing the Munster Final in recent years and it is wrong.

Brass is grand and all, but pipe is right and proper. There is simply nothing like it.

1 Like

Did Artane do the Munster Final last year? I didnt even know that.

The Moycarkey lads must be even shooker than i thought.

Is there a Pipe band in Tulla or somewhere? I wonder would they be up to it.

Interesting titbit; the leader/conductor of the Sean Treacy Pipe Band is Big Rob Ryan’s predecessor; used to be head honcho on the sideline on the Stadium

A big day tomorrow. Bringing the whole family to a Limerick match for the first time. Both sets of grandparents and a clatter of uncles / cousins should be knocking around. The childers are buzzing for it.

18 Likes

Who will they be supporting?

@iron_mike loves his SkySports version of Munster championship