Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

@carryharry Is fuming he had to keep the television switched on for an extra 6 minutes due to Nicky Quaid and forced him into throwing another coin into the meter box.

7 Likes

Byrnes was shaking hands and Mcgrath comes up sneering saying something then McCormack does the same.

Its ok to be wrong. You’ll have another day on the couch next week regardless.

4 Likes

A real lack of class from Byrnes

2 Likes

Like a few of their Supporters there’s a lack of class there I’m afraid.

Seems unnecessary

This sounds like a school yard description of the fight up the town.

I honestly saw worse pushing coming out of 2nd mass

2 Likes

No talk on the Sunday game for what should have been a straight red card for barrett.and ronan Maher the last day avoided a red…

2 Likes

He is. I’ve never seen anything like it. Sly belts are one thing, but this is different.

He’s cutting a very frustrated figure in general. The “goal” chance was the act of a fella that didn’t want to be there.

2 Likes

Some real efficiency shown by Tipp. The mount of times a man in trouble had a support runner to give a quick handpass to and the ball gets popped over the bar. Very impressive and they didn’t seem to butcher chances like we did by taking to much out of them. In contrast to their usual goal-hungriness, they seemed to be always happy to take a point and keep the scoreboard ticking over.

If I’d one concern, I would say this is the second game in a row where Tipp have been the better team and yet only managed to take a draw from it.

I thought Horgan started well, but it’s been shown how to nullify him. He was lucky enough with both the goal which I think he slightly mis hit, and the penalty, which he completely mis hit. With ball in hand he’s very good, but he’s an anchor on what is corks most effective game currently, which is speed, that’s how it looks to me.

1 Like

Seriously?:joy: That is exactly what kinnerk has taught Limerick to do in every position throughout every game. You lads are funny.

5 Likes

He set up a goal also? I’m surprised he’s playing the full 70… I only saw the last 20 but frees aside they were calling out for fresh legs in there.

I think he’s such a totemic figure he’ll always start. Great example of ongoing dedication, and not in any way a dirty player. If he wasn’t from cork he’d be admirable.
Some lads you should play as they give belief to those around them.

I think that’s just cork though. If they click, they’ll hammer someone.

He missed a central 65 and a 21 yard free yesterday in the opening quarter when cork were in the ascendancy. He was excellent in the opening 10/15 when cork were giving him service. I’d say he hurled more ball in that period than he did in the remaining 55+ although he did very well for his goal.

He wasn’t the issue yesterday, although Hayes bossed him for long periods and hurled a lot of ball. You would have him over Lehane every day, I can’t see why Cork persist with him.

1 Like

How many block downs did Tipp make yesterday? They were aided by some poor decisions by Limerick players but they get an amount of blocks in.

Watching on TV you’d have to say that Horgan had a good game all told and is certainly not a problem for Cork currently, I think he made a good decision to shoot a point when there was a possibility of a goal after Clare had tacked on 5 in a row, steadied the ship etc, did very well for the two goals from play he was involved in, unlucky that he couldn’t put a foot or stick on the one in the first couple of minutes,
Lookit, 1:3 from play says it all really.

I’ve been impressed with Clare this year btw, I’ll have some egg on my face I suppose, you’ve some genuine match winners in every area from 5 up, Diarmuid Ryan’s point to win was outstanding

Also felt that Fitzgibbon and Downey played well despite criticism here,

I don’t fancy Corks chances next week, in truth I’d be very happy if they can stay competitive till the end, I’ll say there’s been progress then

2 Likes

Cork have a great chance next week.

He’s not

He missed a few frees he should have scored and took the worst penalty in history

1 Like

They said in TV Comms he had hit Cahill a dunt as well