Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Hall of Farmers maybe.

Interesting take as Clare spent long spells in the second half belting low quality ball into the full-forward line. Worked fairly well last year in greasier conditions but we didn’t get a lot of change yesterday. Taylor and David Fitz were kept in check for the most part and we tend to be very dependent on O’Donnell and Duggan to make ball stick when that happens.

Brian Carroll was saying that on the radio. That it was stupid to expect Hoggy to be chasing down balls into the corners. Better to put him at 14 and to use his experience to graft and win frees.

1 Like

Cork man bigging up team if they can beat Cork part 2

I presume @carryharry and the rest of the screaming Mary’s will want a retrospective red for Cathal Barrett… If they’re being consistent with their crying…

1 Like

Will Tom go for striking too?

I’ll leave that call to you bud.

Goalkeeper breaks?

And the manager sacked from his job?

Manbun was the best player on the pitch, Noel McGrath got MOM because of one pass

2 Likes

I’d agree, he did have a massive game, huge amount of work he got through.

But surely he could back himself a bit with ball in hand? There has to be space for him given opposition known hes immediately going to look to dispose of the ball.

I know it’s not his primary job but with teams apparently working us out a bit, adding a bit of variety, much like it’s needed for sideline balls, can only benefit us.

Not expecting the second coming of Lynch but small change could bring benefit.

1 Like

Any stats on that?

Or even running it a bit more. Might be two years ago he was very regularly chipping in scores when he’d find himself in space. He has both in him. Anyway if he does nothing else but plays like he did yesterday it will go a long way to rescuing us.

1 Like

@Big_Dan_Campbell did you see Sarah O’Donovan’s tactical breakdown on Cork v Clare on Newstalk? :grinning:

1 Like

No - but I hear she was waxing lyrically about our new man on the scene Ryan Taylor :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

WOD was effectively let free for much of the game yesterday and in the grand scheme of things didnt do much to hurt Tipperary.

O’Donovan hit a lot of ball in the second half.

Exactly. He has the ability, you see him in club doing it. Even if only puts doubt in opposition mind, buys a small of extra time in what is a hectic middle 3rd we’ve been bottled up in and turned over a lot of possession of late.

Exactly. So recognizing that, and even his reluctance or limitations with ball in hand, to ad a small bit of running to his game creates time and space for someone else.

Dunno is it a confidence thing or what. Even a midfield bull like Ollie Baker could still pass and run with the ball. WOD similar mould player but we’re down a man in attack with him it feels at times.

Hope not being percieved to be saying fault for y’day result rests with him btw. He was among our best.

1 Like

At the end of day it’s about making the team better. They seemed to toy with a more ball playing midfielder in the league but abandoned that plan.

You’re the man attending all the matches bro :joy: