Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

In other words
Tipp teams shit their pants when they leave Thurles

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Have you ever heard of such a thing as a back to back all Ireland?

2 Likes

The ultimate test of an Inter County team is to win All Irelands.
Nothing outside of that matters.

5 Likes

I will admit to getting a bit emotional yesterday as I crested the hill over the railway line with my young lad on my shoulders, looking down at the crowds making their way into the stadium. That view is always iconic to me.

27 Likes

It was great to see a huge crowd on that road… I nearly always hate the walk back tho :smile:… Not the happiest hunting ground over the years.

Galway are a good bet in my view - even if they finish 3rd in Leinster

That’s smashing.
The ladies happy going home too.

Ye had a good day no doubt.

She’s one of the best bluffers to come on the scene in a long time.

1 Like

To qualify Limerick are going to have to overcome history and do what they’ve never done before and beat Cork at home in the round robin. Only one of the so far 18 pairings which have been played twice in the Munster championship round robin system has produced two different winners at the same venue.

Happy days. I parked out beyond the Anner as I was coming in the route of the ex pats. A grand walk to the stadium. Hadn’t been in the town square in a number of years as I’d usually park somewhere out the Borrisoleigh road and have the car turned for home. Great to see the big crowds on Munster championship day.

2 Likes

It’s good but it’s no Clones.

A few years back you’d really have feared the big big Munster championship days were gone forever but this year has been iconic.

All we need are the Clare boys to turn up in Dingo Jeans and Toyota Corollas for the munster final and it’ll be like mid 90s all over again.

11 Likes

I never thought the round robin system would work as well as this. I thought it would take the edge off what remained of the championship feel in Munster, but it’s been completely the opposite. We are getting 3 or 4 years worth of entertainment every year.

8 Likes

He’s afraid of his shit of thelimericks

Yea its serious entertainment

Familiarity is breeding greater contempt.

And we fucking love contempt

Sore a thought for poor aul Waterford

Not too many fearing thelimericks at the moment.

The Limerick’s are absolutely seething their all singing, all dancing, all conquering, “team of GOAT’s” couldnt beat a game, but limited Tipp side with 5 rookies starting and another 2 or 3 coming in off the bench.

They had a real chance yesterday, with a lovely 3 week build up to put on a real show for the fine hurling people of Tipperary but didn’t do it.

As yer own Michael Noonan said when he went over to Brussels to renegotiate with the ECB, and got those few interest points knocked off by the Troika, “we didnt win the All Ireland, but we beat Tipperary in Thurles”. Beating Tipperary in Thurles is a huge deal and so far this crop from Limerick have had a few goes at it, but havent got the job done.

4 Likes