Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

A very good point. I noticed how quickly we turned around their equalising goal Sunday

That’s what good teams do though.

I’m nearly sure in 2018 every time Limerick conceded a goal in Championship they got the next score bar the final.

Tom Morrisey’s point vs Kilkenny in the QF :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Well if he’s written him off for years he must’ve missed the '16 minor campaign, '18 u21 campaign and the '19 u20 one, 3 AI titles in which Jake was arguably the main man. Scored heavily in this year’s league too, clearly thrives under Cahill and particularly Bevans. But he’s from Nenagh

2 Likes

Listen, this was the same fella who said Seamie was flaky for about five years, so I wouldn’t be paying attention to him myself.

He will be saying Morris is the second coming by next year.

Morris also has a really good workrate which I often think goes unnoticed.

3 Likes

I thought they were actually far more direct on Sunday than last year. They kept hitting it between 1 Cork man and 2 Clare men though

2 Likes

Cahill’s suspension seems a bit outdated and harsh. By the rules he shouldn’t even be allowed into a GAA ground. I suppose they’ll let him into the ground. But will he be allowed communicate?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2023/0523/1385258-tipp-boss-liam-cahill-facing-four-week-sideline-ban/

Basically a club with a lack of nous, cuteness, knowhow etc wrt to getting it done in finals. Over confidence a recurring theme, particularly v Loughmore '13, and Clonoulty '19. Could’ve beaten Thurles too in '17 bar a poor start, a Sars team who annihilated everyone else in those years. Only team who constantly stood up to great Toome team of early 90s too

3 Likes

Yeah, I made the point the other day that they easily hit ten + aimless balls down into the corners in the second half. Joyce and Downey being mainly guilty of this - it was bizarre with Hoggy and Harnedy inside. Cork’s best hurling in the first 15 minutes was built on putting it straight down on top of them and having runners streaming through.

1 Like

Does seem harsh. He must have said some awful shit altogether. Or maybe the GAA are finally clamping down on abusing refs after the recent bad publicity

It feels like they have to make an example, and it might as well be a high profile one.

The not allowed to take training seems very harsh in comparison to other sports. If a player is suspended, they can still train.

1 Like

They could do what Jose did, hide in the laundry basket… If only they hadn’t got rid of Hotpoint !

1 Like

Clare did something similar with Mike Deegan back in 2014 v Wexford. Smuggled him into Cusack park before the ref arrived and stashed him upstairs with the stats men.

Probably easier with a relatively unknown back room man though

He has to go. You can’t threaten to kill the ref.

1 Like

Also if you are playing just 2 inside, they most have pace.

And yet you have lads on here calling Joyce an elite player.

Hard to judge from distance but it looked like Cahill went over and apologised to the linesman afterwards. They certainly looked to be all smiles again after it.

Harsh enough ban truth be told unless he said something outrageous

Sees headline. Sees source. Ah. But of course it could lads.