Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I got to watch a good bit of the game back today

You’ve put up a clip there of Cathal Barrett getting an elbow to side of head that actually resulted in a concussion and him missing the next match. I didn’t think it was malicious from Morrissey but it was a connection and suggesting it was a dive is juvenile in the context of head injuries.

There was certainly intent from Morrissey for the wild swipe across Jake Morris late on that also looks like having him out of the next match. It happens but @thelimericks have a huge victim mentality this year when they are more sinning than sinned against I would say

2 Likes

Retweets aren’t endorsements.

Lot’s of lads struggle with that concept on here.

Take it up with… Craic of the Ash, Tippo.

Fair enough. Craic of the Ash seems to be a pro-Limerick account so presumed it was a poster. Mea culpa

I’ve no idea kid.

But don’t be backing down now. You Tipp cunt :rage:

1 Like

I’m only covering @johnnysachs’s dinner break tbh

2 Likes

Cathal Barrett collided with Tom Morrisseys shoulder it was totally accidental. It actually very similar to Diarmuid Byrnes collison with Bonnar Maher.

Zero badness in either. Just the speed of the game and a mistimed movement in both instances.

I’d agree that Morrissey’s seemed accidental. His later pull wasn’t but that’s what you’d expect in the heat of a Munster championship. I thought the ref was very poor but maybe the game is becoming too difficult to ref adequately

In fairness to Stack it was a difficult game to referee. They all are sure. So much going on and the tackling is ferocious.

I would’nt be blaming the referee. On the day the draw was a fair result.

If the officials didn’t get the call wrong on the last sideline, Tipp mightn’t have won that last free to draw the game! Then again, we might have ended up having a manager on the line this week :rofl:

The official in question was James Owens, who has been rewarded by being appointed to haunt us in the TUSGG on Sunday.

2 Likes

Ye’re arguably better off with him not there across from Davy.

He’d probably give Davy an auld dig in the head

He has form I hear. Has he an awful temper @caulifloweredneanderthal , would he be known for getting into rows at underage matches?

Is this his first run in with referees?

Not that I know of to be honest.

I’d say @the_man_himself would be best placed to answer.

Ah shtop. You’re alluding to him assaulting Davy a couple of posts up.

Now you’re looping the poor misfortunate @the_man_himself in, a brilliant student of Spanish football. A fantastic association footballing mind.

Tipp aren’t back at all with that level of scutter.

Cahill is either a lunatic or he isnt?

He’s not a lunatic. Sure anybody would be tempted to puck the head off Davy if he was ranting and raving beside you. The mild mannered Jason Forde even manhandled him once.

To get a month ban, he must have threatened violence of some sort on Stack and his group of officials.

For me, all jokes aside - thats a bad sign. You have to control yourself on the line. He seems to struggle with his temper. He had public run it with Stephen Bennett when he was with Waterford that just didnt look good.

You would never see John Kiely do that. He is too cute. Thats what you want in my opinion.

1 Like

That craic of the ash account is not the full shilling I say.

Did Cahill threaten to kill stack last Sunday?

He’s not the first manager to fuck a linesman/ref out of it. If the new rules weren’t there, we wouldn’t be talking about it four days later.