Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Give us the bullet points

Decent team. Should qualify

I like Donal Og.

It’d be like trying to describe the Shakespearean sonnets, I could tell you the gist of what he said but it wouldn’t be the same at all :man_shrugging:

Tony Kelly should always wear number 11.

1 Like

I always found it weird how Lohan kept naming Fitzgerald as a midfielder last year, and Taylor as a forward… the only person he’s fooling is Marty & Ger.

And I presume that it’s similar again there. Taylor will be midfield, Kelly will be the roaming 11, SOD will be wing-forward & McCarthy inside.

Hard to know with Fitz out as he was fairly static at tight half forward all of last year.

Taylor will play midfield alright but after that you wouldn’t know. Kelly spent the league playing deep or as an orthodox midfielder.

I think it will be Rodgers at full forward with Galvin with him inside. Duggan at 11 with McCarthy and O’Donnell on the wings possibly with Kelly or McCarthy possibly pushing up and making it three inside at times.

I’d expect Clare to keep their hair back line in place and bring the midfield and half forward line fairly deep to stop Tipp’s running game and to try and counter themselves - a lot of those lads in the middle third are very slick taking a ball off the shoulder

Management must be very confident in Foudy given he missed a good 5 or 6 weeks training in the lead up to this match with a meniscus injury. Big call to make with Quilligan available

I assume a few pubs in Thurles will have this on Sunday?

I wonder will “the running game” be hampered by handpass concerns.

The Limerick game? Would you not go in after going that far

No mate the Tipp Clare game

You’d presume that some pubs in Tipp will throw it on.

County Bar or Noel Ryan’s probably your best bet

Conor O Donovan has a few ideas on the handpass.

Any fella that chose *** Tipp over his native Limerick can fuck right off with his ideas.

I’m giving Mossy Carroll an exemption

4 Likes

He probably has a point but the actual rule change that they submitted was very badly-worded and hadn’t a hope of getting through.

It didn’t even get through the Tipp convention, let alone getting passed by Congress.

Bring back dropping the hurley and there’ll be no issue.

They should ban the handpass. It’s a blight on the game. If a lad is caught in possession let him kick the ball.

I would think that an outright ban would cause rucks galore.

Off the hurley only might be a compromise but anything that slows down fellas moving possession will lead to more rucks, which people are also complaining about.