Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Why is he poor?

Lost his place on the greatest Limerick panel of all-time. Think he did win an All-Ireland in 2018 though so he’s not too badly off. It’s the likes of your Niall Morans who’s careers ended before the golden period that you’d have greater sympathy for.

Niall Moran couldn’t hurl spuds to ducks.

1 Like

Oh by god he could. But only on days when the ducks were already full of spuds from everyone else.

1 Like
3 Likes

Good hurler but not quite good enough for the top top level.

Maybe got a bit blocky as he got older, very strong, but potentially lost a bit of mobility? Injuries too wouldn’t have helped. But he was a very good minor wing-back, the defensive side of his game probably didn’t improve enough as he got older and was a half-forward in 2018/2019 but was a good bit off the level of Hego, Kyle, Tom; no shame in that.

Played a big role in Monaleen winning the All-Ireland last year. Had a lot of injuries throughout the year but got some very important scores along the way and I don’t think they’d have won it without him.

4 Likes

PJ has lawyers for that.

That’s fuckin 6 years, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

1 Like

Decent team.

Would presume there’ll be a few positional adjustments but most of the big guns are there.

Mikey Kiely can only play inside where he is dangerous. Probably one of the best catchers in the game.

Davys tic tacs will be fascinating, hopefully the RTE producers can give us some good angles of both teams having all their teams back.

Davy gas ruling Austin out last week.

Ramos vs Flanagan will be good craic.

Ramos will pick up Gillane.

Donal Og coming up on Radio 1 with his latest essay, essential listening

I hope so as he got cleaned when he went on him last year after Daly got injured in the game.

2 Likes

Duggan at half forward and O’Donnell inside makes a lot more sense to me than the other way around as they went with last year.

Those forwards are going to cause us a world of trouble I think

David Fitz, Reidy and Morey all losses in terms of depth