Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Next year

Those three with Ben o Connor will be big additions plus eoin Downey.

Ben O’Connor is done hurling

1 Like

Sorry Ben Cunningham I’ll never not mix the two of them up

2 Likes

Whiney Kiely?
I love a bit of wilful ignorance, but ye Limerick lads have it on hgh and steroids.

4 Likes

If I was picking the Cork team its the exact line up I would have gone for with the players available. I thought Cork carried Tommy O Connell the last day. He wasn’t up to the task of marking Kelly or tagging him to use the modern day hurling parlance. Also he was terribly poor in possession. Missing multiple pick ups and getting turned over under little enough pressure from puck outs. Fumbled the ball away a lot. Similar applies to Cahalane. Took the goal well but got caught in possession too and handling was quite poor.

On paper it looks a way better balanced and potent side. O Mahony owes Cork a performance after his rush of blood to the head the last day. He will offer more mobility and physicality around the middle. Fitzgibbon is lucky to be getting the nod again. Can snipe a few points but his work rate and tackle count needs to be higher. Dalton and Roche are hurling well. No issues with full back line. Solid unit. Half back line will be shored up with Millerick whi had a good battle with Kelly and SOD and will probably mark Tom Morrissey. Cahalane vs Gillane and O Donoghue vs Flanagan will be mouthwatering. Downey vs Hegarty will be box office. Could see 2 red cards dished out here.

Not a game for Limerick to be taking for granted. Should be a cracker.

1 Like

Cahill up in Dublin for his appeal tonight. No word back yet.

No Limerick or Tipp teams out yet. Limerick waiting until 9pm tomorrow. We might have some more squad numbers incoming.

Both teams with a draw against tipp and a one point loss to Clare. Knockout game. I can’t see why anyone would even hint there’s a chance Limerick take the game for granted.

That’s a very strong looking Cork team.looks a lot stronger leaving Lehane off…

I guess supporters really. Limerick have obviously dished out a number of heavy beatings to Cork in recent times so there might be an air of expectancy that Cork will roll over again when going gets tough. This mood can infiltrate the players minds too because at the end of the day they have to live and work amongst them. Limerick seem to be overwhelming favs in the bookies but I think it will come down to the last puck of the ball. Wouldnt be surprised if Byrnes has one from a 100 yards for the win or Hoggie with 1 for a draw out on the sideline. I think it will carry on the theme of close run things this summer in munster championship.

Too thin right now, was getting blown out of it in the league.

Both gone for year. Having surgery.

1 Like

They are two big losses to be fair. You need everyone.

We’re clearly stuttering, with two of our best players over the last few years completely out of form and another injured for the year. The formlines suggest Cork are not far off Clare & Tipp, so there is a puck of a ball between the four teams really. Cork will smell blood, have a few years of hurt built up to avenge, but also have the experience of beating us in the league this year as well as beating us in the Gaelic Grounds in the round robin in 2019. All in all I’m mentally prepared at this stage to see the summer free up for the first time in a while.

If Patrick Horgan was not playing for Cork they’d be bate by 25 points, they are depending on a lad who was at his peak 10 years ago

1 Like

They don’t deserve Hoggie bai

:joy::joy:

The Limerick panel live in rarified air in the big house. They don’t mix with the hoi polloi. It’s why so many struggle to readjust.

1 Like

Is this the greatest Munster Championship in TFK history? Certainly feels like it.

They’d feel right at home with you so in Didsbury Manor.

2 Likes