Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I’d say the most exciting part of the Tipp v Waterford game was fellas trying to work out the permutations. When the PA announced a Limerick win at the end, it got a cheer. Grim.

1 Like

Would have been absolutely hilarious if tipp got knocked out but from a Limerick point of view I’m happy to see the back of cork. They are improving and imo are very unlucky to be out. Getting Clare and Limerick away was tough for them. Pat Ryan will be sick because even a 3rd place would have given them two more games and a chance to make real progress. January is a long time away.

Limerick are improving. The half back line and mid field got on top and we got those long diagonal balls working again and it changed the story of our season. Cathal o Neill struggled but he showed beautiful hands to finish his goal just like his incredible point last week v tipp when he hit ball into the sky.

Not one Limerick player gave up today. Things aren’t as slick as before they are fighting for everything and it’s great to see. Gimme this any day over 20 point wins.

I have Been critical of wod in the past but he really showed up today. His hurling is lacking but he’s selfless and he did find o Neill under pressure so we’ll done him.

I’d say the two best teams are clearly Clare and Limerick. The Munster final will be a humdinger. The loser will be vulnerable.

13 Likes

100 percent

2 Likes

Conceding puck outs today was just bizarre. Giving them a platform.

Waterford made Tipp look like idiots a load of times popping balls over the top without a finger being laid on them.

It was like a puckaround for them at times. Any Tipperary players getting a few notions about themselves brought straight back down to earth which mightn’t be the worst thing i suppose when there is a few weeks to get it together again.

It was bizarre and seriously undermines the notion that Cahill & Bevans are the finished article.
There seemed no idea how to counter it.

The tactic essentially made O’Mara, Tynan, McCormack & Kennedy redundant to anything other than chasing shadows.

Noel may as well have been at the Novena in Holycross

1 Like

Will be totally written off again after today but you’d think (hope) they’ll run in a few goals against Offaly and be dangerous underdogs against Kilkenny or Galway (who themselves have been pretty shit so far in Championship).

Not dead yet.

The winning most captain of all time
My man.

9 Likes

Fuck Cork, fuck Tipp & heh Clare you bouts to be fucked too.

2 Likes

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

The usual suspects driven demented :smile:

2 Likes

Eastbound And Down GIF

4 Likes

The papier mache heads are shaking in disbelief. They were praying that they might avoid thelimericks this year.

4 Likes

In fairness having a look at it there it was a free out. Cork missed a sitter of a goal too. It’s tiny margins.

“Will they play it in Limerick or carry it down to Cork” :rofl:

Ye’ll never learn ye stupid cunts

21 Likes

Dumb And Dumber Lol GIF

5 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF

2 Likes

If any Tipp lads have tickets already bought for the Munster final can ye DM me and I’ll sell them for ye? Thanks

We didn’t even fuckin want to be in a Munster Final ffs.

We kept our side of the deal and won only for Tipp to shit the bed. Again.

13 Likes

You’d recognise the new money lads who think Munster final tickets were already on sale

3 Likes

Please God the final is set for Cork, if only to upset Derrick Lynch greatly

1 Like