Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I just assumed the Munster final would be in thurles, is PUC really on the agenda?

It will be Thurles - PUC was only on the agenda if Tipp coulda handled their bidness

420 unread posts and in truth I don’t have the heart for it,
Bullet points anyone? :pray:

418 of them are pure seethe that the big bad bullies won.

• Tipp shat the bed

• I wonder where they’ll play the Munster Final? :rofl:

• Cork aren’t back yet

• This Limerick team are an outstanding side. The character. The guts. The greatest Hurling team this country has ever seen.

14 Likes

@peddlerscross how did Paddy Leavy go today?

But before I read or watch anything I want it on record that I thought the Limerick penalty was incredibly soft, I was right behind it, though I was also right behind a point for limerick which was waved wide,
Cork puck outs poor, Kingston had an absolute shocker

Don’t worry about it, Derek will find something to get upset about it. The font size on the programme cover maybe.

1 Like

The penalty was 100% correct and well fucking overdue given the ridiculous systematic fouling that we’ve had to put up with with the last 2 years.

But you won’t hear us going on about it.

12 Likes

They were both pulling but from my view SOD had arms around him but it looked like Gillane had just turned him… Why didn’t the keeper come out?

I thought Owens was generous enough to Cork.

1 Like

Just the macnas heads venting really

1 Like

You couldn’t even call it soft. Gillane sussed Owens out perfectly and gave him the classic con of pinning the defender’s arm and falling down. Can’t blame Gillane for it, Owens is just the sort of ham that falls for stuff like that.

1 Like

I’m gonna wait for the freeze frame analysis

Byrnes is gonna kill some lad, bursting out with his head like a jackass. That point Hegarty got to put it back out to two was a massive score. His touch is still off a bit but his attitude seemed way better than last week

You’d have to spare a thought for the Tipp lads tonight. They really went all in last weekend after they won their draw against Limerick

He was average enough. Impossible game to analyse. Billy Nolan looked like Franz Beckenbauer. The other Ballygunner lads, Hogan, Hutchinson and Fitzgerald looked very good.

Gearoid O’Connor left on limping around the place for 5 or 10 minutes before being replaced another indictment of management/medical team. Not learning from Barrett last week or Iarlaith Daly last year under same management.

1 Like

I’m gonna wait to see it on TV before I comment further, it didn’t look a foul to me in real time,

I thought the ref did ok otherwise,

It was obvious by the middle of the first half that Cork were tuned in today and wouldn’t be far away at the end, it’s disappointing because I think it’s genuinely wide open, you’d love be to be in with a shot,

Still relying on the old heads Hoggie and Seamie, Robbie OF and Coleman were massive losses

1 Like

We’d have savage respect for Cork and Cork hurling.

8 Likes

Cork were the best team Limerick faced to date this year. Very impressed with their touch and movement. … Still short 2/3 players you’d feel but Ryan has done a very good job year 1. If a few of their 20s can hit the ground running they’ll be hard bet nect year

5 Likes

Cork look a better side than tipp and the championship is worse off with them gone.
They are still the next big force it’s only a matter of when