Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Kirby was a great prospect.

That 20 point trimming of Wexford in the practice match 2 weeks ago was a serious statement of intent. They’re flying it in the Box Office Industries practice matches.

Owen Foley firing over the equaliser. A great match.

Couldn’t handle Paul Flynn in the replay.

2 Likes

Were himself and Shaughs flown in in JP’s helicopter that day?

The fact it wasn’t televised added to the mystique. Tales of this teenager Andrew O’ Shaughnessy who was hurling up a storm mid-Leaving Cert.

Shaughs goal 2.03

2 Likes

He was something else. I always thought if it wasn’t for the illness he’d have still been there in 2018 and what a shame he wasn’t. Marked him once, kept him scoreless and he was moved off me (translation: I was shitting it, no ball came in so he was moved out to half forward, some relief).

6 Likes

Was that the day he scored five goals in the county Minor Final?

No, twas four goals he scored in the minor final, we probably won every other position on the pitch and he beat us on his own.

Someone had to pass it to him all the same

Neither Limerick or Waterford had won an all Ireland for 30 odd years back then.

Limerick were probably bringing the bones of 50k to an all Ireland final in 2018.

Fast forward 5 years and 4 all Irelands about 1 in 5 of those are heading tomorrow.

That tells you a tail. People are voting with their feet.

Take a day off mate.

5 Likes

You must have been a decent hurler to keep him relatively quiet. Did you play much for NAP at adult level after minor?

The opening championship game in 2008 after losing the final in 07 there was 29k v Clare.

You talking a cut of nearly 40 percent.

The people are voting with their feet.

Are you going to it?

31 thousand in the opening game v cork in 2019 post the 2018 final win.

I don’t have the figure to hand but I believe it was between 35 and 40k at Limerick v cork in 2022.

2018 Limerick v Tipperary and there was 28k.

The Clare match in 2019 was full to gills and they gave the attendance as 29k

I didn’t at all keep him quiet, i don’t think any ball came in at all. Only ever junior, went away for college and spent a lot of time rowing (boats not fights) and fell away from it, unfortunately.

1 Like