Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

You got it wrong too :see_no_evil:

Went to print my tickets there a while ago and the site appears to be down.

It gets better.
No numbers at all here.
A kind of a positional cum alphabetical mix.

Only 13,000 tickets sold for Thurles tomorrow according to my sources on the ground.

You could be right, but ye are not great with numbers in Tipp.

9 Likes

That’s what was put out yesterday morning. The actual team and subs were named last night. Number 12 at full back. 7 at corner forward.

That was the figure given on Tipp MWR this morning. The nations premier sports radio show.

Cahill called out as ‘childish’ and ‘stupid’ over the numbering fiasco. It should never be allowed happen again.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t have happened under Colm Bonnar.

6 Likes

That’s about what you’d expect though. There wouldn’t have been many more than that at first round games between the two counties in the early 2000s

3 Likes

If it wasn’t televised they would definitely have got more.
Munster Council & RTE combined are fucking idiots :joy:

1 Like

About 16k is what you’d expect.

2 Likes

There will hardly be 10K in Ennis.

In 2011 Limerick v Waterford drew 15, 560.
In 2003 without cameras it was 22,156
The replay saw 14675.

I’d imagine there will be decent walk up crowd on the day yet.

Are Tipp not being completely overblown lads? Cahill had them tearing around in a league where half the teams weren’t trying and that seems to be the basis of the optimism? Limerick tore them apart in second gear.

I don’t know what kind of bollox acting they are doing with the team but whatever way you pull 15 out of that group it’s bang average.
Best players are getting on. Young players not ready. A few lads who were never good enough still lurking around.
You couldn’t rely on Forde either.

Clare some how coming in under the radar after a great year last year, although it did fall to pieces at the end.
Arguably a stronger panel this year. All winter priming for tomorrow.

Clare by 6+

A tragedy. Some game.

3 Likes

A cracker. Shocks scored a couple that day.

1 Like

And the replay was septic…

Myself and @Phil_Leotardo made the centre page of a double page crowd photo in the Leader, taken from the terrace of the first game. Cans on the terrace :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Kirby got a goal too. Both doing leaving i think at the time.