Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

He is full of sh1t, the dinosaurs on the Munster Council wouldn’t know what Facebook is nevermind The Clare Times and he claiming they are “upset” because of him. Pure nonsense

I know nothing about him but interestingly enough whoever is running the Munster council account put the two tweets about the location of the game with no opinion to reply.

Evidently they didn’t want a flurry of replies moaning.

1 Like

They should play the Leinster final in Limerick. Limerick is handy for Galway and it’d draw a good Galway crowd. Kilkenny supporters won’t travel either way.

I love Semple Stadium with all my heart but was actually apprehensive going last week. Thankfully there was only 37k at it and in the end was a great day, but something really bad is going to happen soon if nothing is done.

Only 15 mins walk from a spanking new train station too. Some fellas are never happy

5 Likes

Surely both would sell out?

Thurles 100 percent sells out anyway

I passed up on two tickets for the Munster Final last year. A packed Thurles no place to bring a 7 year old. If it’s on in Cork, I’ll bring him down to it.

2 Likes

Why are the @limericks afraid to play in Thurles? Not a good sign.

Limerick traditionally always hurl well in Thurles. I’d nearly pick Thurles over Limerick.

Hardly that much of a tailback in buttevant ffs :rofl:

Hel get an awful hop at the toll in portlaoise if they play Limerick in the AI final as well

1 Like

This Limerick team dont really play well in Thurles.

Couldnt beat a hopeless Tipp, needed the bell v Waterford.

Fell over the line in Munster Final last year.

I don’t see any reason why you’d play it in cork. Same With the league final.

They always play well there.

Whatever about that moaning about the buttevant tailback and 30 ways to get around buttevant

My thoughts exactly. Clare must have ye rattled if ye think ye’d be better off in Cork.

They’d surely have won all those games easier outside of Thurles.

Even in 2020 they made hard work of Waterford in Thurles before hammering them in Croker. Same with Cork in 2021.

Clare are the ones objecting to the proposal. Tipp v Clare was being set for PUC, all that’s changed is the opponent.

7 Likes

Limerick Have saved all their best performances for croke park post Covid.

There’s a really odd glamour to fall in line with cork from Limerick at the moment.

Puc was reduced capacity was it not for the 2014 final and they wouldn’t let it be played in Limerick despite playing loads of games in puc when the Gaelic grounds was being done up.

Maybe I’m wrong on that but there was definitely a hullabaloo over it Anyway.

Choosing to play in Thurles instead of Cork is the equivalent of taking a girlfried for a drive in a 1978 Ford Cortina while leaving your 2020 BMW 5 series in the garage.
The surface in PUiC I am told has surpassed Thurles. Unfortunately Thurles surface appears to have deteriorated over the past few years.
Will people object to travelling to Croke Park next???

4 Likes