Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I can taste the fry in The Corbett Court outside Charleville already. Roaster heaven.

1 Like

Will you stop in Buttevant for a flag?

It’s an absolute disgrace that Brian Lohan will have the casting vote on whether the final will be played in Cork or Limerick. It’s a real fuck you to Limerick from Munster GAA. Lohan needs to make his mind up before he has the lunch.

Show a bit of respect you fucking cur.

You couldn’t ask any fan to travel from Clare to Cork. Might as well be on in Auckland

1 Like

Said it on here yesterday, that lad will make a killing.

I bet @dodgy_keeper and all the lads who were mocking the rugby boys looking for the motorway between Cork and Limerick are feeling prrrretttty foolish right about now eh @dancarter.

1 Like

5,000 Munster fans made their way at short notice to Cape Town last weekend but the Clare lads can’t find a way to get to Cork.

25 Likes

They’re still going on about Colin Lynch and Jimmy Cooney, and it a quarter of a century ago.

They’ll get plenty of mileage out of this if they don’t get their way.

1 Like

No.

Just have it on in Cork.ud swear it was Timbuktu

At the 2004 Munster final I think there was in around 54k at it in Thurles.

Bit of both.

1. SOD fouled Gillane by holding him. That’s clearly shown in the still image above.

2. Gillane made sure SOD wasn’t going to be able to remove his arms in time to cod the referee. Really clever forward play.

Are you suggesting that Gillane managed to reach back around his own body, grabbed SODS 2 arms and wrapped them around himself and then held on? That would be an incredible physical feat.

Our steroid programme don’t allow our lads to perform feats of magic contortionism, just bulks them up is all.

4 Likes

The one between Mitchelstown and Fermoy does fine roaster fare too to cater for the South East Limericks

1 Like

It will set a worrying precedent for PUC if Clare effectively rule out the stadium being used as a neutral venue for matches they are involved in.

4 Likes

Yeah and similar in 2006.

Maybe things like no drink being served back then and smoking going on in the stands rather than underneath the stand helped the situation back then.

When you think back on Hillsborough, that was probably full to capacity 100 times before the big crush, whereas Thurles has only been full maybe 10 or 12 times in the last 20 years.

You shouldn’t wait though until there is a big incident to do something about it. I did notice at Tipp v Limerick there were a lot of empty seats at the Kilinan End of the Old Stand - were they left unsold on purpose?

1 Like

I can’t wait for Walsh Park to start getting a ball of Munster finals as a dig out when we go over budget.

24 Likes

It should be the neutral venue for Kilkenny Wexford Leinster finals. Be a tiny bit too big seeing as 9,000 people turned up in Wexford when everything was on the line for them but otherwise perfect.

7 Likes

What’s the parking situation like in Cape Town though?

4 Likes

Lads getting exercised about a longer journey to Cork when they will watch the game from their couch is classic TFK

1 Like