Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Debatable. Similar scoring impact but Hegarty would have a greater range of abilities than Kelly.

I’m not sure if you’re winding anymore now or not

Kelly wouldn’t have anything near Hegarty’s ball winning ability, for example. I doubt he’d put in as many tackles or be near as effective at it. I’d say they would cover a similar amount of ground in a match but Kelly is faster obviously. Kelly an unbelievable freetaker too, Hegarty doesn’t have that ability.

Please, please, please say this is a wind up from @glasagusban that has got out of hand.

Of all the hills for the Limerick’s to die on :grinning:

2 Likes

It is the same fella that can’t currently make the team? You’d wonder alright

The match was lost in Quinn’s pub in Drumcondra that day.

I see the Buff is absolutely raging that he couldn’t get a ticket. The fact that he’s a Kerry man supporting Clare really comes back to bite him when it comes to acquiring tickets through Clare affiliated clubs for big games. I’m not sure how he could feel more entitled to a ticket than an actual Limerick person even if they are a bandwagoner.

On another note, would you reckon 3 neutral punters could rock up to Limerick on Munster Final day and buy terrace tickets on the street?

1 Like

Ah you will, yeah. Should be a few floating around on the day.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised If you couldn’t. I remember in 2013 there was a pile of them around. Don’t think 2019 was too bad either but I don’t remember as clearly for some reason.

Seems lots of people have bought more than they need judging by twitter.

HeGOAT

1 Like

Mikey Butler, Cathal Barrett, Reck from Wexford have all eaten TK alive in last 12 months.

If a team invests in man marking him he can be nullified quite easily.

Limerick don’t want to disrupt the system. So let him have his 5 points and 5 fist pumps.

4 Likes

Two players that regularly score in around five points from play, why would it be a wind up to compare and contrast them?

Hego is only a Junior hurler, mate.

More of this would be ideal Sunday week from Hego.

7 Likes

I suppose another way to look at it is who has a higher ceiling? If you could have one on your team on their best day, which would you choose? Hegarty put in the greatest ever individual performance in an all Ireland hurling final last year, so on that basis he edges it.

I wouldn’t swap him for any player, ever…

So he did

1 Like

Kelly every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

You’d have to go with Hegarty

1 Like

Come back to me when he puts in a performance as good Hegarty in last year’s all Ireland final.

1 Like

In fairness Hegarty’s record in terms of scoring in finals is off the charts.

A man for the big day.