Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

TK’s display in last years Munster Club Final was one of the best ever on a well beaten team.

Made a great game of it on his own for 50 minutes against a vastly, vastly, superior Ballygunner.

You’d think Hego would get St. Patrick’s up from Junior but anyway.

2 Likes

Nah this fella was only a watching spectator from the sideline. It sounded like Hego had all of Caherline and Caherconlish wound up at the time. He must have always loved the physical stakes and had a bit of devilment in him.

Hego is lucky to be making the Limerick first 15 and hes being compared to TK. This is surely a wind up.

3 Likes

have you never been in Limerick City?

Being a runner up seems to be the TK story… We had a lad earlier posting a point from him in last years MF…

Ya there was another lad Bryan o Shea who was very good when we were under 14 or so but I don’t recall much of hegarty until he was 18/19.

Andrew Hannigan was very good underage hurler too. I’d say he’d have played water Crystal and that with the county.

Was a regular in D’Icon and Angel Lane when I was in college down there. Is this big ginger fella a regular sight around the city?

A Caherline stalwart

I’m more referring to the devilmint in Hegarty

1 Like

I’ll be honest. Kiely deserves massive credit. He saw the potential in Hego when a load of people were sneering - likes of @Big_Dan_Campbell as an example.

Hard work. Great management and great genes have paid off.

Caherline and St. Pats seem to have an intense rivalry anyway. Two yo-yo clubs between Intermediate A and Junior who often run in to one another.

TK wouldn’t make the Limerick 15

1 Like

Hegarty will get man of the match in the munster final and probably the all ireland final… i’d say he needs the adrenaline of the big day now… the mundane is below him

The time TK brought Ballyea to Croke Park more or less by himself was one of the great GAA stories.

I remember the epic semi final in Thurles when St. Thomas’s had pulled it back to a point having been 10 down and Ballyea out on their feet, who stepped up to get the decisive score only TK from down town. It was a mark of the man.

1 Like

Up until recently they would have rarely met @Aertel220 as the junior A championship was split up into the city, south, east and west divisions.

They played against each other all right relatively recently in the county final. A couple of years back now. Wouldn’t be any rivalry though to note.

1 Like

Grand fella when he’s playing some Ballygobackwards club hurler who’s two stone overweight

1 Like

very disrespectful to the likes of Deasy and Lilis

His Ballyea teammates would be the first to tell you they wouldnt have been next nor near Croke Park without TK.

The time they played in Munster without him tells you all you need to know.

they wouldn’t have been next nor near it without Brennan, Deasy or Lilis either

you’d swear they rounded up 14 lads at the cross to go up to Dublin with Tony… they had lads coming in from all over Clare to play with them

3 Likes

Serious Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

:joy::joy:

3 Likes