Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Uploading: D8F79798-5CFB-4145-8D4F-5069999098E4.png…

https://twitter.com/limerickclg/status/1667087436495683584?s=46&t=3dkoDtDtBjNbfb6fbNY8_Q

You nearly had it that time Ted

1 Like

1 Like

I knew you could do it.

Cleary in. I played a county semi final and final in the the 3 weeks after dislocating my shoulder. Managed get through the games but the shoulder popped out and in by itself towards end of both.

My shoulder was fucked for years after it. I could hardly use a hammer and if i grabbed a lads jersey as he was going past the shoulder would pop out with him.

He trained last weekend, I assume has done no contact work though. I suppose you start him and see what happens. It’s a big risk but the lack of alternatives means they were always going to give him every chance

What is Plan B is he breaks down?

Adam Hogan

Did ye win?

Course we did.

3 Likes

An article that any monkey could’ve written. Classic clichè ridden thing

Would you lose too much attacking threat putting Diarmuid Ryan back in FB? Seems a big risk with Hogan

He’s strikes me as combative enough to go on Gillane.

Anything McInerney has been moved back in there he’s struggled a bit.

As a neutral I am looking forward to this game. I think both teams have to win for different reasons.
Clare because they can’t keep going back to finals and not winning. This is a game and a team they will be targeting to win. If they don’t get over the line again will it solidify doubts in their minds that they can’t get over the line on the biggest days.

Limerick because they need to get their season going. Defeat here and to a huge pretender to the throne will surely rock them. A win and it all opens up before them and they go the familiar route and they know what to do and they will have belief that it’s all starting to click again. Defeat and it is back to questioning themselves and the season loses momentum again. The form they have been scratching for since the end of the league is still out of reach.

I just hope to see Cian Lynch out there with plenty of time to influence thing. As much as I enjoy seeing a Tony Kelly or an Austin Gleeson playing at the top of their games I love seeing a fully fit and confident Lynch go at it too.
I have huge admiration for how he goes about his game.

I feel sorry for any lads now who are slightly off form or short of fitness because due to the short season it is very hard to get back in a team. A season can be gone without you hitting a meaningful ball if it goes against you.
I think if cleary is not fully right and tested it’s a huge risk. Would you want to try him in a Munster final if you weren’t sure with so much to play for after it?

6 Likes

Limerick are holding Cian Lynch back thinking of the bigger picture down the line - get him right for 4 weeks time for AI semi final

Munster final is a bigger deal for Clare understandably and they are gambling with him. What this also shows is the dearth of options Clare have at 2-6. They are on thin ice - and an injury completely derails their season as we seen with Conlon last year.

Clearys card is marked with the pulling and dragging as we seen against Cork. Refs know about him. Marking AG with doubts in your head over an injury is a tough place to be.

Ryan doesn’t have the pace for the fullback line. Neither does Mcinerney as we seen in his cameo against Horgan.

The media witch hunt against Gillane after the Cork game will see Gordon give Clearly the benefit of the doubt on the pulling and dragging. He’ll be up to his usual antics

I wouldn’t fancy a day of wrestling Gillane with a bad shoulder. Even if it was 90% right.

2 Likes

Chances are Clearys shoulder will pop out while man handling Gillane 2 minutes in.

Ryan had no defensive instincts, he would be lost there. Hogan is a natural full back and despite his age is natural defender and man marker.

It’s a big ask to put him in on Gillane who Limerick will want to to play through him but I’d have more faith in Hogan trying to break even with him than any of the alternatives.

1 Like