Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

You’d often get teams in Munster finals talking about the opposition. Won’t worry you for another while yet

1 Like

There’s a game on this weekend you know, twould be difficult to talk about it and not mention them

1 Like

You Limerick’s :joy:

I get the feeling that whichever team wins it will be with a bit to spare. Limerick to exploit our full backline and plunder goals to keep us at arms length or we will have too much energy and exuberance with a second half similar to the 95 Munster final

If Clare win on Sunday, and I hope they dont and they get humiliated, but if they do, it may well go down as one of the best Munster titles of all time. To go to the defending 4 in a row Munster champions and 3 in a row All Ireland champions and beat them twice, away, would be some achievement.

Please God dont let it happen

5 Likes

I’m expecting a ten point plus Limerick win if Clare go 1 v 1 on gillane and Flanagan.

It could easily be over by half time.

You also predicted a 30 point win last year

11 Likes

It could embarrassing Sunday.

Ah look, I’m sure he saw something from where he was sitting at the game the last day to back this up.

I hope Clare make it competitive for 20 minat least

3 Likes

Clare were the one team to ‘figure’ out Limerick last year. They are much better this year. It will be close, you are looking at the two best teams imho.

Goals will win this Munster final on Sunday.

Clare’s weakest line in my opinion is their full back line too. Is it 10 goals they have conceded in the championship to date. If Cleary isnt right and the ball going in is good from DOD, Hannon and Kyle. I’d be expecting Gillane and Flanagan to have a field day.

When you think of it. Just as much as Limerick will trust the process. Clare will no doubt too in terms of pushing up on Limerick which presents opportunities for green flags.

2 Likes

You are looking at the two best teams but Limerick are very different to last year.

Gillane imo is the best of the Limerick team. He can mark himself down as a truly special player.

I think Clare have a huge weakness if Cleary isn’t right and gillane can expose this. If Lohan lets him inside one v one he’ll win the game for Limerick.

Limerick sit like Kilkenny used to sit under Cody and leave 3 or 4 forwards in acres of space. If Lohan gets sucked in and pushes up on them Limerick will win pulling up.

1 Like

There’s no full forward in Ireland to compare him to. He’s unreal.

3 Likes

Indeed and If all this Limerick team disappeared this year I’d argue he’s the one player who didn’t get the very most out of himself out of the last six years. That sounds incredibly harsh but imo he’s very special and I suspect he’ll show it in the next few weeks.

Fingers crossed. He was in with a shout for hurler of the year last year until he got injured towards the end. He definitely has that level in him.

Indeed. I know he was being jibbed about completing the hat trick for the well.

If you could get him purring for six weeks we won’t be beaten.

His ability to turn in the air while catching the ball is simply incredible.

Its been commented a few times that this Limerick team need a rival, a Tipp ying to Kilkenny’s yang if you will, to assure their greatness. You are possibly looking at Clare cementing themselves in that role Sunday. There will be an argument that true great rivals should be meeting in Croker, but that’s a hard ask given the cometitiveness of Munster right now.

I couldn’t call it. The doubts over Cleary give me a lot of hope, but the sheer want & will out of Clare to do this will be immense.

A shame we live in the era of “on-the-day”, the chances of this being a draw and going to what would have been a lucrative and highly anticipated replay are yuge.

4 Likes

A penalty shoot out would be a shameful way for a Munster final to end.

6 Likes