Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Coldest I can ever remember. The standard from both teams in it was unreal.

1 Like

Yellow cards do not carry over from normal time.

Look, we need a winner on the day :grinning:

Are you sure about that?

Black cards definitely carry over.

Black cards carry. The rule regarding yellows was changed about 3 years ago.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a bizarre game between Wexford and Clare in maybe 2014 or 2015 when Podge Collins was suspended for a game. Went to extra time ie a new game and Davy tried to sub him on?

2014 yeah. He got sent off the first day. For fiddling with an opposition helmet iirc. Clare were reduced to 13 during the second half of the replay but still managed to take the game to extra-time where they returned to the full compliment. Jack Browne was one of the players sent off in the replay I think.

Safe guess.

7 Likes

Jamie Shanahan nearly pulled it out of the fire on his own for Clare in ET.

1 Like

Jack Guiney gave a Tour De France the same night. A thrilling few weeks for Wexford hurling which culminated in a memorable win over Derek’s Waterford in Nowlan Park. We won’t talk about the trip to Tipp that subsequently followed.

1 Like

Penalties was a great end to the Ulster final

Not in hurling, never

Be grand. Don’t be precious.

Byrnes hit some free for a goal to send it to ET that day

What happened?

Niall Moran unsurprisingly chimes in with so much guff in this at times

I suppose the pub style chat allows for that to be fair

Bounced it off the ground I think? I was thinking of that very free when he took the penalty agin Cork the last day.

1 Like
2 Likes

Limerick wiped the floor with Wexford. 24 point beating iirc. It was something like 3-15 to 0-6 by half-time. The terrace in Thurles was absolutely wedged that day.

Decent chat there tbh.

Nice to see the man who died in the stand mentioned & Teddy Mac too.