Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I dunno how you’d ref that mayhem

Next to impossible. You need a ref in each half and even then frees will be missed.

1 Like

Dowling after getting the curly finger.

Clare didn’t go for the jugular. Lohan fudged the FB call.

Limerick ground them down. Panel strength shone in the end. CON got 2 great & important scores

1 Like

I’d say he’s badly shellshocked there from that slap down from Dalo

While the officiating at the end was extraordinary Clare absolutely beat themselves there and will only have themselves to blame.

My expected goals and points (xG & xP) model had them winning that 2-30 to 1-26. Even the great Tony Kelly showed himself to be mortal missing some key scores and the decision to leave Nolan on so long was mental stuff.

Apart from Gillane who was phenomenal and O’Neill and Adam English when they came on, Limerick were fundamentally useless as they have been for quite a while now.

7 Likes

I missed what he said back to him. They turned the volum down .

I remember when Tipp and Kilkenny used tear into eachother and you wouldnt see a wide for half an hour.

They told him the intensity had stepped up because he left

I think Tipp hit some ridiculous like just three wides* in the 2014 drawn game

*probably four if we count the Hawkeye one

2 Likes

Kilkenny see a gap, go for gap & goal……

Clare just not wired to do that.

1 Like

Declan Hannon is the most overrated hurler of all time.

Clare were too inefficient in front of the posts and Gillane was basically left unmarked. Nearly everyone was out on their feet at the end.

Well done to Limerick and their 5 in a row Munsters.

I used to muck about with him a lot more with ten years ago our careers have gone in different directions :rofl: doubt we’ll end up where we did in 2013 but I’m chuffed for him. 30 years old and that’s his best ever performance for Limerick.

10 Likes

Very sweet to win that after the bucklepping and yahooing that went on from the Banner crowd 6 weeks ago
Hon Limerick!

9 Likes

:joy::joy:

Totally agree only completely useless teams win 5 Munster titles in a row, obviously the Hall of Famers couldn’t be bothered to do as it marks you as essentially useless.

4 Likes

Is that 6 Munster medals Hannon, Mulcahy , Reidy and Quaid have.

Unbelievable. Absolutely delighted. Clare will be sickened. They had the chances. Awful wides in the last 10 minutes cost them badly.

David Reidys selection to start really was schrewd from the management team. He was excellent. His ball for Gillanes goal was perfect. CON and Adam English really stood up too off the bench.

All round great fucking day.

15 Likes

Thought he was yer best forward after Gillane today. Yer subs made a big impact too.

1 Like

3 points from play and he was very good on the ball. Very pleased for him. He is around a long time on the panel.

He really delivered today.

1 Like