Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I thought the man marking at the back was excellent.

He was with his son. He didn’t utter a word as Gaeilge to him.

Thats one alright too. Happened last night in the Wexford game, Rory O connor went to handpass and as his hand dropped the ball to make the handpass, he was pushed 2 hands to the chest before he got the pass off, flat onto his back and line ball given to Galway. Anywhere else on the pitch and its a blatant free, on the sideline refs dont seem to think a correct tackle matters.

3 Likes

The much maligned Ramos had a fine game as did newcomer Mark Fitzgerald.

Which one is Ramos? Prunty or Gleason?

Got a huge amount of the match ups right. I felt Limerick were below their best but Waterford game plan contributed a lot to that.

2 Likes

By God, didn’t know that.( Cobain)

Gleeson

1 Like

Limerick and Waterford was a fascinating contest. A real war of attrition. Fair play to Waterford for digging in. It looked grim for them when they conceded the goal and lost De Burca at the same time.

If Limerick are going to get caught this year it could well be their discipline that costs them. Hayes, Hegarty, Flanagan, Gillane are all liable to lash out at any stage. If they do it at the wrong time against the wrong team it could be fatal for them. Its probably the only way they could get caught.

3 Likes

Yes he was excellent.

Kiely’s interview after the game is pretty pathetic and he should be called out on it.

What was he blowing on about?

I thought Waterford were a bit soft today or maybe Limerick have taken physicality to a whole new level. I don’t remember Limerick laying waste to lads over and over like that today for a long while. There were times where numerous Waterford fellas were on the floor from collisions. Fair enough Limerick mistimed various challenges too but even besides those specific ones they seemed to really dominate the physical stakes. For all the use it did as it’s a long time since Limerick scored as little across the 70+ mins. I don’t think Limerick will play as bad again this year and O’Neill will likely get a chance now to claim Hegartys jersey which is no harm as Hego has been in poor form. If he does claim it for a while it’ll be great as Hego will be a man possessed off the bench. I hope Waterford can take some heart from the performance as they did show character today to keep going and ultimately should have won. I have my doubts though and I think that’s them likely done now for the year.

2 Likes

Limerick’s discipline is always brilliant at the business end. They get their red cards and rash challenges out the way in league and round robin

4 Likes

He outrageously said that the media had an agenda against his team before championship by trying to bring complacency into Limerick by suggesting the Summer is a done deal.
He also said that the GAA need to deal with the fracas that his players more than contributed to.

Lolzers. I hope you dont put your money where your mouth is.

4 Likes

These Limerick subs didn’t look up to a whole lot today?

1 Like

It’s good management. Give over crying…

Is this fella @dodgy_keeper ’s first cousin?

Both only seem to post when Man Utd & Limerick win.

1 Like

No… I said it here a few days ago, we’re still relying totally on 12/13 players from 2018.