Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Than on a night in Naples celebrating a Scudetto

1 Like

Ger Canning told us ‘he couldn’t even make the 26’ in a manner that suggest he is massively out of favour.

Tom Barron had literally put Hegarty back on his hole about 30 seconds before Hego’s cowardly hit on Gleeson.

It should have been a straight red.

If Limerick were to lose a game this year that one wouldnt have been a bad one to lose assuming they were to go on and still qualify. The prevailing narrative will be that great teams still find a way and that Limerick still win playing within themselves. Kiely doesnt have as much of a stick to beat them with and a lot of focus is on flash points and ill discipline. If anything it was a triumph over adversity being down a man. If they produce that level of performance in an AI final or semi final they could be caught.

Waterford just reminded me of those years where they just couldnt shake the Kilkenny monkey off their back. No matter how many times Waterford played Kilkenny they just lost. Ironically their first win came against a 14 man Kilkenny in a league game which laid the foundations for them to record their first win over them in the 2017 championship since 1959. What relevance has that to yesterday you might ask. Waterford seem to get white line fever. All their teams do. Shaking off the hex of even winning an AI semi final was another one. So when it came to the winning of that game yesterday Limerick had the experience to grind it out and Waterford just lacked that inner self belief. They should have really won by 4 or 5 points in the end.

4 Likes

Every chance,just like the ones Lapsy pa Laois didn’t even make

( Lapsy pa- Cork for rare incurable ailments)

Limerick will lose F all
Yesterday was a blip.
Hegartys lack of discipline aside.
Not a team will bust them,yet
Good for another few Celtic crosse’s

1 Like

I’ve run this through a translator its still gibberish

1 Like

You’ve the greatest eye on here for the little things… A lad that decided to go to the game last minute, ended up with the best seat in the house and saw every tiny detail of all the flash points… Just incredible :clap:

7 Likes

The tfk back and forths is more interesting than the actual championship.

2 Likes

Tfk - the round robin games are meaningless

Tfk - 800 posts in a weekend on round robin games

6 Likes

A decent opening weekend. Dub game good. Clare v Tipp was good. Limerick game was full of drama if low on quality but very entertaining. Galway v Wexford was dreadful.

1 Like

I’m very sharp.

Barry Nash (who is unreal) should also have walked after he tripped someone up running through in the second half when on a yellow.

Jaysus lads its a contact sport. … unless of course you’re from Cork or Tipp

7 Likes

Interesting response.

Amazing the Limerick’s can’t see that they would have played the last quarter yesterday with 12 players if Liam Gordon hadn’t had an absolute nightmare.

He’s right.

You know it.

The world knows it.

His response and how he formulated it is interesting in the context of his account.

@Ceist - what does lapsy pa mean.

1 Like

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

Did your keen eye not see Peter Casey being fouled by Fagan (i think) when also on a yellow? Casey was away heading towards goals but for that cynical foul.

But shur lookit, big bad bullies yara, yara, yara…