Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

He was. It was a mean stroke.

What days/times are these games on next week and what is the TV schedule?

What challenge was this, around what minute? I was man marking the little chap at home alone and the likes of @Raylan wouldn’t keep me up to speed on certain contentious moments

Early enough. After the goal I think. Old stand side very loose swing that caught Finn on the hand I think.

1 Like

Cork 4 pm Sunday.
Limerick Saturday night.

1 Like

With Tipp its still the stench of last year and year before that lingers when this particular team is put under the microscope. Not many pundits had Tipp to come out. Now still night not happen but yesterday was a good start and have the luxury now of sitting back and watching the other 4 knock lumps out of each other next week. I would expect us to beat Cork and be in a good position then.

Maybe if you are a long suffering Waterford supporter you still find it hard to see a Waterford win with 20 mins to go yesterday but it was definitely in their compass. Some of wides were inexplicible. The Bennett Free, Hutchinson missing straight in front of posts, Austin Gleeson chances, Fitzgerald. Limerick in the middle of all this had a Tom Morrissey point that had high degree of difficulty and Nash from way out on the sideline. It was definitely there for Waterford. Just didnt have enough composure.

1 Like

It was definitely within our compass and logically we should have beaten them, I just never thought we would. That’s the factor that you’d expect a Davy to bring but like Wexford before he hasn’t.

He should be grateful for the fact that thelimericks don’t dive.

Is there no Joe Player Memorial prediction competition this season? You’d know the season is going under the radar a bit when this lovely tradition hasn’t been kept up. The draw between Dublin and Antrim would have been the main differential at the weekend. Maybe Tipp winning in Ennis too would have split the vote.

It turned out a tough belt on Gleeson but Hego just went flying with his shoulder. Gleeson lowered the head at the last second

+1. Great craic I’d imagine but sure he even managed to strike Brian Gavin and get away with it. He was well able to lower the blade in his day.

1 Like

I think that’s unintentionally harsh on Foudy. Yes he had a complete collapse but it wasn’t all his doing. They need to put an arm around him tonight and build him back up for Saturday night - he could well be the hero.

Sure, there’s merit in taking him out of the firing line but you have to trust him too. If its going wrong again by all means relieve him of his duties but I’d be sticking with him and using his character as a rallying call to the rest of the panel for this week. They’d get way more out of that than twisting I’d imagine.

Hold your head up Foudy.

1 Like

Je suis Foudy.

2 Likes

Having looked at it, it was really only the 2nd goal that he made an absolute bollix of.

The opener, you could argue, he was blindsided by the two players in front of him and the defender should have got to the ball.

For the third, Conlon simply miscontrolled the short puckout and coughed up possession.

The 4th & 5th he had no chance with.

I don’t really think being blindsided is an excuse for a senior intercounty goalkeeper, in those circumstances. No way Nickie lets that in.

Would agree on the third, Conlon should have taken it. Goalkeeper does have to share the blame on decision-making from a puckout though, and not executing it fully.

:rofl: When the Waterford selector tickled Hegarty. When I saw him bent over, I said to myself, he was either stabbed or it’s a bad dose of appendicitis. When I saw the replay and the little pat on the belly he got :rofl:

0_inpho_02240834

4 Likes

The old old Hill 16 was knocked down, or more precisely, dug up, after some match on January 17th, 1988, that was the last day it was used. I’ve no idea what this match was but I don’t believe I was at it.

The old new Hill 16 was first opened for the 1988 All-Ireland hurling final between Galway and Tipperary on September 4th, 1988 and was also used for the two All-Ireland football finals of that year between Meath and Cork, however it was still in a state of non-completion at this time. I don’t believe any of the internal tunnel entrances had been yet constructed, the terrace still ran over diagonally to almost under the upper deck of the Cusack Stand like the old old Hill 16 did, and spectators had to exit via makeshift exits over the back of the terrace.

It was fully complete for the 1989 championships. I can’t remember whether it was fully complete or contained spectators for the 1989 League final between Dublin and Cork, even though I attended this game. My guess is it was still not quite fully complete and did not contain spectators.

1 Like

He drove the ball too high over Conlons head for the third one. Conlon was at full extension.

His puckouts were atrocious, the only reason he was in goals was for them. He lost his nerve totally during the game. There was a tricky wind in the first half especially but still he was a huge negative and I can’t see a road back from it. Blamed Cleary for the first one immediately, not sure he has the head for it.

1 Like

April 23rd, 1989. The old new Hill 16 is nearing completion but not open for the NFL Home Final between Dublin and Cork.

If Lohan drops Foudy it could come back to haunt him, you make the decision you stand by the man. If he conceded 2-3 early doors against Limerick then take him out alright. We want Foudy to start.

2 Likes

Waterford lads are mad for punching Hegarty in the guts. Between the mentor and Jamie Barron in ‘21. Very cowardly stuff