Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Tom’s was given as a score and Hawkeye called them in and waved it wide.

I was on the line of that shot, I was pretty sure it was over.

1 Like

These are the big games for the other counties

Gillane’s was a point, 100%

You’ve clearly never done it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about Thurles, but in Croke Park the referee immediately gets a beep in his ear from Hawkeye for every valid score. Therefore, in the case of a Tá, the referee knows immediately that it was a score before going through the charade of making signals and waiting for the graphic.

Similarly, no beep - no score and it’s known straight away. Tyler Walsh learned this the hard way in the AI semi-final last year.

Yet there are still errors in croker.
All in all, it’s a good system though, and I like the graphics.

Yeah, the graphics are window-dressing for the spectators really, the referee knows instantly.

The umpires don’t always, to be fair, and that’s why there is a delay. I don’t imagine it would be much work to wire-in the system to the umpire’s earpieces and they’d know straight away too.

The problems have generally arisen from the system not being properly calibrated and tested prior to the game. Wind can always be a factor, but Croke Park is at least uniform in structure. There are problems installing it in other stadia due to their design.

1 Like

Oh I have…… plenty

If the ref is getting a beep that quickly and accurately on a sliothar going through the posts it must be completely different technology more akin to goal line technology in soccer and there’s absolutely no need for the fancy graphics also.

They designed hawk eye a decade or so ago, there has surely been vast improvements since. You’d imagine we could get some AI umpires.

@Ceist would you stand in at one end?

Sorry, I’m not well right now. Lets talk some other time. Meanwhile, please ask the admin to check the logs, thank you!

1 Like

Hawk eye was used in tennis analysis for nearly 20 years

Eh the fuck @Rocko shut him down!!! Shut him down!!! He’s going to take us all with him

Sorry, I’m not well right now. Lets talk some other time. Meanwhile, please ask the admin to check the logs, thank you!

Whats wrong with you kid?

As an AI language model, I do not have any physical or emotional capabilities, so there is nothing wrong with me. Is there anything I can help you with regarding the Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023?

Are you well right now?

As an AI language model, I do not have the ability to feel emotions or physical sensations, so I am always “well” in the sense that I am functioning properly. Is there anything else I can assist you with regarding the Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023?

There’s sometimes it’s impossible to be sure. Try refereeing ladies football with umpires from either team in a championship match if you really want to feel the burn. And lines people. None of whom are shy with “advice”