Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

All I can say is…

H’on Tipp

1 Like

:blush::blush: it takes all sorts​:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thought he’d be more gracious tbh

Byrnes will be the finest. No fear of him.

1 Like

It’s balls.ie ffs… Clickbait.

You cork lads sure are needy

2 Likes

Watched the limerick v cork game in a treaty county pub last night. Wanted Limerick to win from a Tipperary perspective and also invested in the usual Cork HT Limerick FT bet which looked home and hosed until GAAgo gave up on us in the pub for the final five minutes of the game.

Few points that have been discussed on here but I’ll have my own little input.

-it was a penalty but Limerick can feel hard done by that AG was not given advantage. On the other side, Dan Morrissey pulled Connolly back at one stage which could similarly be given.

-cork were deserving winners when you consider the sloppy nature of the goals they conceded. They were exceptional on long puckouts yet decide to go short to SOD in the first half. The one in the second half was simply not on.
Collins has his fair share of critics but his long restarts caused limerick huge problems.
Limericks zonal marking has been exposed before but Cork really took it to another level last night.

-Connolly is a class act. Fitzgibbon had one of his best days but there’s still weak points in that Cork team.

It’s looking like a full house in Thurles next weekend. I think it will be a different game away from the Astro like surface of PUC but I don’t see Tipp winning unless Jake Morris and Forde go to town, at this moment it seems less than likely. Should be a great occasion all the same. Cork bring great colour and their fans are salt of the earth.

7 Likes

In fairness the munster hurling championship has delivered again.

Whatever cunt made that Cork - Limerick game behind a paywall, should be ashamed of themselves.

We need to promote hurling. It was an exceptional game as well.

3 Likes

It’s just a disgrace but it’s even worse it’s not on channel 420, we all feared we’d lose it and low & behold it went during the climax of the game.

2 Likes

Tipp versus Cork in Thurles. Thats a proper knockout game too.

Ya it is, looks like I’ll be in the Killinan end now as I presumed limerick would win but it makes it all the better occasion.

1 Like

Clickbait indeed

1 Like

Really think so, ?considering we’ve umpteen more all Ireland’s than Limerick,I wonder really who’s needy

Based on Cork’s level of performance at the weekend, they’d obviously have to be strong favourites.

The only thing I will say is that Cork do give space to shooters; they’re the one team that Forde might do very well against in a half-forward position. But if Tipp want to win, you would think they’ll have to go after goals in that full-back line.

Cork created space very well against Limerick and isolated a few of our slower players. Tipp have introduced a bit of pace into their backline but Cahill has a week to have a look at how Cork did that and stop them doing the same against them. If Tipp can deal with the long puckouts better than Limerick did in the first half, they might have a chance.

3 Likes

You’re screaming for John Kiely to give you a pat on the head based off balls.ie…

The ref gave you everything during the game and now you want more post game?

You Corkies are gas

It will take cork couple of days to come down from the high of Saturday while tipp will have been prepping for 2 weeks.
If cork get on a roll they could win well, but tipp will try turn it into a dogfight.

I’d expect Cork to make a change or two for Tipp even after giving such a good display at the weekend.

Deccie Dalton, Connolly and Hayes would kind of suit Tipp’s backs but if they threw in Kingston, O’Flynn and Jack O’Connor it could get very messy.

Jack O’Connor has yet to recover from the Clare match in Thurles in 2022 when he was subbed off 10 minutes before half time. Has he featured in a Championship match since?

Shame as he was a real standout in 2021

O’Flynn isn’t fit and the other two shouldn’t start a game for Cork ever again.

Bit harsh on both. Kingston has huge talent, I’d still expect him to become a starter. He has massive impact as a sub so I can see why he’d be held back for now.

I don’t think cork will have any comedown from the Limerick game, they’ll take huge confidence from it and be raring to go again. They’ll ate tipp.

1 Like