Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

6pm and 4pm last year anyway, not that there is much consistency these days.

It’s going to be either 1 pm or 3 pm because Rte are showing the soccer all evening

1 Like

No I read somewhere the Saturday semi is down for 6pm. The Sunday could be 3.30

https://twitter.com/fotoole13/status/1773770776623174002?s=46

1 Like

They won’t clash with soccer

Fair enough

Yes

1 Like

Clare’s version of Jason Forde I think

1 Like

Frustrated World Cup GIF

I assume we are 100 percent in the Sunday semi final but if it’s Limerick v cork and Clare v Kilkenny they’ll be desperate to play Limerick v cork in the Saturday slot.

I wonder could the Leinster final being on a Saturday used as a reason to put Limerick on the Saturday.

Why would they be desperate for it to be on the Saturday?

1 Like

Because cork and Limerick would still fill the place. You could play Kilkenny v Clare in Rathkeale on a Saturday afternoon. You have some chance of getting 30k plus of a Sunday

We are down for the sunday.

Limerick and cork would fill croke park either day but you’d knock the attendance massively of Clare v kk having it on a 3 pm at Saturday.

Just maximising their money.

This, the form of Cian Lynch and nagging sense that we haven’t found the right balance yet in replacing Peter Casey are my concerns.

Still though, if Wexford bate Clare, that would change the semi line up and the carkies would still bring a fair crowd on the Saturday

I think that is harsh. He has taken a step back but he was an excellent do it all half forward in 2021 and the start of last years championship before he got a calf injury and his form dropped off. When he is hurling well he is a tough match up for anyone but he looks a bit low on confidence.

He is simply too dimensional as an inside forward and doesn’t have the guile or right movement for it. He is far more suited to right half forward but the problem is that is the only place you can accommodate David Fitzgerald too.

McCarthy will lose out the next day as he simply has to be 9/10 on the frees to justify his inclusion.

Munster Champs are fixed for Sunday this year. We played Saturday last year. It rotates. Will be full either way.

In the absence of Taylor, could you actually play Fitzgerald midfield, partnering Malone?

He’s the only other one who has that pace and ability to run with the ball from deep bar maybe a fully-fit Kelly.

He simply doesn’t sense danger to play midfield.

I said it last year after the Kilkenny match that they should try moving Diarmuid Ryan forward to replace Taylor or as another ball winning/carrying half forward.

Ryan broke even with O’Neill yesterday in his man marking job but was no attacking threat whatsoever. So whatever push you get from him doing ok on O’Neill is negated. Swapping Ryan and Lohan yesterday would have been a better option but hindsight is a gobshites foresight