Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

You said Flannagans shoulder was clean. It starts and ends there. No ifs ands buts and whys.

Should have sent the Klare cunt into the stand

You can’t argue with the Limericks, the players are like family :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Look buddy, I wouldn’t be trying to lecture lads on what is manliness and what isn’t on a hurling field when you were too chicken to go to a match in Ennis as it was going to be too intimidating- no need to be giving it big licks now

3 Likes

Ah the mask slips from the wanna be civil servant. Go read my post again re that game and my 79 year old father you audacious cunt. Ye were giving it big licks after the round robin last year and then too chicken to go to cork for a Munster final

I called this out last year.

The whole shoulder to shoulder thing has to go.

Flanagan has previous. He mistimed a tackle not too long ago. From recollection, it was in the Munster Championship and fuck all of consequence was done.

I’d tend to agree there. Hurling years ago was played to a reasonable standard but not by massive, powerful athletes like this.

The game is struggling because defending is almost impossible. A player can take eight to ten steps routinely and throw for fun. Hard to know how a defender can do much.

2 Likes

The linericks play the game right on the edge. But all the great ones do.

1 Like

What he did to Padraic Maher in the 2021 Munster Final won’t be forgotten.

Also tried to kill someone from Wexford in a League match a few years ago.

1 Like

That was a very dangerous tackle from Flanagan on Stephen Bennett in Thurles last year. It was right in front of where I was sitting.

The one thing that could derail Limerick is an early red card in a game. They ask the question of the referee practically every day they go out but largely get away with it. I can’t see anybody getting even close to them when it’s a full compliment on the pitch.

5 Likes

They have Duignan paid off through his association with Offaly GAA so no one in the media will call this crap out. It’s a perfect case of sports washing .

There’ll be some wailing and screeching done if Limerick do end up missing out on 5 in a row because of their own indiscipline and an untimely red card.

You only have to think back to the campaign to get the Peter Casey red card in the 2021 semi final rescinded. No stone was left unturned there and referee John Keenan and Jamie Barron got a right going over too.

1 Like

Duignan is the cunts’ cunt. Only the ‘public service’ broadcaster would give a platform to such a gormless, limited and filthy bastard player to provide expert analysis.

1 Like

We didn’t puck a ball this weekend and there’s cunts driven simple.

13 Likes

Paudie was no saint either

8oo2kd

2 Likes

Casey was justifiably corrected, hard to blame the ref in the game as he can only see the incident once but on further review the ban was removed. A MOTM performance in 25 mins before the injury to add too

1 Like

I agree with your last point. There is a duty of care on the tackler in these instances and the player should not charge in like that knowing the potential consequences. Cian has a habit of committing himself to tackles, sometimes to his own detriment of hurting himself as he goes committed, but he needs to learn to slow down in some instances and not be as full blooded in rushing in.

What i will disagree with was that he only went to do O Shea. He does pull out, but way way too late. He doesnt lead through with the shoulder, you can see that he does hit him very clearly, but he did withdraw far too late to avoid it, but he didnt go through him completely. Cian himself said that it happened so fast and he didnt expect him to lift it. He treated it as if it was a 50.50 ball when in reality it was a 60.40 ball. He was never getting to it first. Shefflin told him him as he walked past that he thought it should only have been a yellow, so there was no anger on the Galway side in the immediate aftermath.

O shea has a serious injury though and going back to the first point, whether intentional or not, and i can tell you for a fact it wasnt, there is a duty of care not to collide with a players head when it is avoidable. I hope for Cians personal sake that he isnt made an example of with a longer than usual ban, but someone at some stage will be that scapegoat to stop these tackles.

4 Likes