Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

That was a very dangerous tackle from Flanagan on Stephen Bennett in Thurles last year. It was right in front of where I was sitting.

The one thing that could derail Limerick is an early red card in a game. They ask the question of the referee practically every day they go out but largely get away with it. I can’t see anybody getting even close to them when it’s a full compliment on the pitch.

5 Likes

They have Duignan paid off through his association with Offaly GAA so no one in the media will call this crap out. It’s a perfect case of sports washing .

There’ll be some wailing and screeching done if Limerick do end up missing out on 5 in a row because of their own indiscipline and an untimely red card.

You only have to think back to the campaign to get the Peter Casey red card in the 2021 semi final rescinded. No stone was left unturned there and referee John Keenan and Jamie Barron got a right going over too.

1 Like

Duignan is the cunts’ cunt. Only the ‘public service’ broadcaster would give a platform to such a gormless, limited and filthy bastard player to provide expert analysis.

1 Like

We didn’t puck a ball this weekend and there’s cunts driven simple.

13 Likes

Paudie was no saint either

8oo2kd

2 Likes

Casey was justifiably corrected, hard to blame the ref in the game as he can only see the incident once but on further review the ban was removed. A MOTM performance in 25 mins before the injury to add too

1 Like

I agree with your last point. There is a duty of care on the tackler in these instances and the player should not charge in like that knowing the potential consequences. Cian has a habit of committing himself to tackles, sometimes to his own detriment of hurting himself as he goes committed, but he needs to learn to slow down in some instances and not be as full blooded in rushing in.

What i will disagree with was that he only went to do O Shea. He does pull out, but way way too late. He doesnt lead through with the shoulder, you can see that he does hit him very clearly, but he did withdraw far too late to avoid it, but he didnt go through him completely. Cian himself said that it happened so fast and he didnt expect him to lift it. He treated it as if it was a 50.50 ball when in reality it was a 60.40 ball. He was never getting to it first. Shefflin told him him as he walked past that he thought it should only have been a yellow, so there was no anger on the Galway side in the immediate aftermath.

O shea has a serious injury though and going back to the first point, whether intentional or not, and i can tell you for a fact it wasnt, there is a duty of care not to collide with a players head when it is avoidable. I hope for Cians personal sake that he isnt made an example of with a longer than usual ban, but someone at some stage will be that scapegoat to stop these tackles.

4 Likes

We have gone from a discussion this morning on the gaa need to clamp down on hits to the head, based on challenges from a wexford, Waterford and tipp players to its Limericks fault for playong rubby league and JO is paying off refs and rte.

Cant make it up how much we live rent free in some fellas minds

3 Likes

Ah yeah but the best one is how a clean shoulder wouldn’t be a clean shoulder if the man in possession suddenly changes position. I had a right old chuckle at that one

1 Like

Nothing better than a well timed shoulder to turn up man upside down

Imagine if a Limerick did this? It was a thing of beauty when Tipp had hurlers

2 Likes

It was disgusting to see JP and JK and Spike sitting in the stand in Walsh Park last Saturday night.

2 Likes

Flew down by helicopter to get an imside scoop on Waterford. Imagine that carry on. Didnt even wear a hat and hoodie to try and hide

4 Likes

Hope Kiely didn’t shoulder anyone on the way out

2 Likes

Spike hit a fella so hard the tinfoil fell out of his pocket

5 Likes

If they saw a picture of the helicopter parked in the field in Mount Sion it might send them over the edge altogether.

Season 5 Helicopter GIF by NBC

1 Like

Good for something then.