Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Facts don’t matter to tipp lads…they were ridden you see…

It’s what should happen, but I don’t know if it will for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, Owens is well got amongst Beaker & Co. in Croke Park and is seen as a bit of a protected species, something like David Coldrick in football. Secondly, they’ve erred badly in letting the likes of Horgan, Keenan and Dwyer go without giving enough games to the less experienced referees with the result that Owens has been out in the first 3 weeks of championship

He should be sat down after that performance if right is right, but I don’t know if he will be.

1 Like

Ya but if we could read AM’s mind in that split second his intent was stop Morris getting a goal chance.

Same as the bould Cian yesterday. He was going hit DOS a shot it just didn’t work out as planned.

One of the Waterford players should have ran straight across Gearóid O’Connor when he hitting that free at the death and seen what Owens would do

I don’t know the ins and outs of the reviews but I think they meet mid week in Athlone during the championship.

There is no feedback loop whatsoever at club level.

So literally the only feedback they get is the abuse.

No tipp culture is blamimg themselves and in fighting, blame everyone else is the clares. Donal Og clarified this on TSG few weeks ago

1 Like

The referee appointments are gas.

Stack is anointed. He’ll get a semi final this year and the final next year or the year after.

Johnny is improving. He was good in Wex Dublin.

1 Like

I’ve said it for years. Johnny will get the next final that Limerick aren’t in.

Standard has dropped considerably simce Horgan and Keenan were pushed on. A real shame we lost those 2

Two losses might suffice.

Poor Johnny will have retired by then.

Jaysus Cork did fair giving out about the referee last week.

1 Like

Same ref

The red card. A total brain fart from the defender. Run to the ball and block SOD and the job is oxo.

That looked entirely intended to do o Shea as hard as possible.
Honestly, it merits a minimum three match ban.
GAA need to really stamp down on this.
If nothing else, they’re leaving themselves wide open to future class action lawsuits.

3 Likes

Owens would have absolutely rode them, if not in this life, then the next if they did that.
He did anyway mind.

The helmet flying off was indicative of the force of the hit, I’d agree with you a 1 match ban for that is nowhere near appropriate.

Brian Gavin really supportive of his colleagues tonight :grinning::grinning::grinning:

He’s some stones.

1 Like

Tommy Walsh didn’t hit him half hard enough

2 Likes