Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

When you force players to play important games six days apart you are putting the emphasis on fitness and physical challenges and not skill.

“Look over there it’s rubby”

WOD laid down the law to Chipp by scoring a point and setting up a goal.

5 Likes

On the James Owen penalty incident - according to TJ Ryan there’s some protocol dictating the officials’ positions for a penalty. One umpire behind the goals, one at a post, and the ref on the opposite side to the post that is manned.

Never heard of it before. Maybe something brought in when the penalty format changed. At least it would explain what he was thinking.

1 Like

That’s horse shit. He’s never hit anyone in the head… He takes belts and ships belts and gets in with it.

4 Likes

I drive on the left hand side of the road but god forbid if I veer to the right, I could cause an accident

1 Like

It’s fairly simple cause and effect - lads are lamenting head high tackles but if lads are lining lads up for blindside hits from 5 to 10 yards away these are the consequences of lads going balls out to nail fellas.

Come on . Your post re Flannagans shoulder is pure bullshit. Every shoulder in a game has the potential to cause damage if not executed correctly or if the man in possession changes position. What’s Flanagan supposed to do? Ask for permission from the man in possession “Sorry there now boss but is it ok if I shoulder you? Oh and by the way, make sure you don’t move suddenly or it could cause damage “

4 Likes

The referee can stand either side, but there’s always one of the linesmen positioned on the 20m line and the ref stands opposite. Owens realised he was on the same side as the linesman and bolted to the correct side.

1 Like

There are many ways to dispossess or pressure a man opposed to lining up their blindside though and throwing your whole body weight into
It - it’s similar to lads following through with force when trying to block down a fella or trying to double on a ball in the air for all their worth - it shows no duty of care and the chances of causing harm if any way mistimed is pretty high - hence why refs typically take dim views of all three when they do as receiving player has little opportunity to protect themselves like the one Saturday night.

4 Likes

You said Flannagans shoulder was clean. It starts and ends there. No ifs ands buts and whys.

Should have sent the Klare cunt into the stand

You can’t argue with the Limericks, the players are like family :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Look buddy, I wouldn’t be trying to lecture lads on what is manliness and what isn’t on a hurling field when you were too chicken to go to a match in Ennis as it was going to be too intimidating- no need to be giving it big licks now

3 Likes

Ah the mask slips from the wanna be civil servant. Go read my post again re that game and my 79 year old father you audacious cunt. Ye were giving it big licks after the round robin last year and then too chicken to go to cork for a Munster final

I called this out last year.

The whole shoulder to shoulder thing has to go.

Flanagan has previous. He mistimed a tackle not too long ago. From recollection, it was in the Munster Championship and fuck all of consequence was done.

I’d tend to agree there. Hurling years ago was played to a reasonable standard but not by massive, powerful athletes like this.

The game is struggling because defending is almost impossible. A player can take eight to ten steps routinely and throw for fun. Hard to know how a defender can do much.

2 Likes

The linericks play the game right on the edge. But all the great ones do.

1 Like

What he did to Padraic Maher in the 2021 Munster Final won’t be forgotten.

Also tried to kill someone from Wexford in a League match a few years ago.

1 Like