Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Jack O’Connor never played u20. He was u20 in 2018 when it was still u21. I think himself and Morris are different players.

Completely disagree about 1-9. We’re 4th at best, but (call me biased) we have the best 6 IMO with Hannon perhaps regressed.

Up front we’re dangerous alright - with the right balance. Connolly gives us something different, and I think Barrett can step up. Robbie I see being used closer to goal.
Fitzgibbon should be at 11 but will start midfield. I worry that himself, Coleman and O’Mahony will be used incorrectly.

1 Like

:joy: era you know what I mean. They both played against each other when they were both U21 in age so to be technically correct.

Sorry the point is she can buy two but not one. (According to herself - there might be a bit of the @habanerocat s going on here)

The county board are on to clubs now for any tickets they want for the Tipp game. Knowing full well if it goes belly up v cork the clubs will be stuck with the tickets. Not Aglish though by the looks of it.

1 Like

If there’s 2 together you can only buy the 2 tickets, the work around for this is buy the juvenile for a fiver.

2 Likes

Buying one shouldn’t be an issue, you’ll have to get involved I’d say.

I wouldn’t doubt you. Cheers :+1:

All the big guns starting for Waterford I’m hearing.

3 Likes

The trap is laid

Would you not go with her to the match yourself?

He has the season ticket.

A true Gael :+1:

Correct. I believe tickets for the Clare Limerick game are impossible to get.

I’m turning down a trip to Wembley on Sunday to go to Ennis. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Be quick @Fagan_ODowd . There’s some there alright

Would disagree with pretty much everything you said besides the poor Waterford ticket sales.

Cork 1-9 are extremely unproven. God only knows what are midfield, our goalie isn’t rated, our corner-back aren’t rated, DC is still full-back etc. Only Joyce is rated around the country while Coleman is over-rated.

Lehane/Horgan/Harnedy all starting says everything. O’Flynn isn’t played half-forward most of the time and O’Connor almost certainly won’t play.

I think Cahalane is solid and a similar standard to the other full backs in Munster and Eoin Downey had something about him. O’Donoghue is also a good defender aside from that I don’t think there is much quality aside from Joyce - albeit I wasn’t impressed with Joyce last year I thought his distribution was really poor in the Munster RR, continually hitting a lot of aimless ball.

There are fairly big question marks around every other position in that 1-9 especially at midfield where they don’t have anyone with the industry or physicality to live with the likes of WOD/DOD or Malone and Taylor.

They need a number of lads to really take a step forward IMHO and hard to see how they can strike a balance in the middle third if including Coleman, Fitz and Lehane there.

2 Likes

@johnnysachs gets excited before the championship every year, he came out with a few belters last year about Tipp going up the steps, man-for-man they’re better than Limerick, would thrash them and so on and so forth.

A gas man.

4 Likes

Big Dog Boss GIF by Megan Thee Stallion

1 Like

You wouldn’t name one Tipp player who would be the best in his position in the country. There may be one from Cork but that would be a matter of opinion and is not proven yet, but as a unit they are probably a better team than Tipp.

Liam Cahill would be working miracles to get Tipp to a Munster Final or All Ireland Semi final but that wouldn’t satisfy the animals