Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

He had a cracking game for a non-stickman.

Kilkenny barely had 3 games to win the thing.

We having 5 tough enough ones before an all Ireland semi final.

1 Like

Youl have to read up on the rules kid

1 Like

Unreal he was. @thelimericks are very hard on their own

1 Like

Kiely out.

Hannon Byrnes set al have to go.

Harnedy is a proper player. Always turns up and I’d say marking him you’d be sick and sore afterwards.

In an era of very windy hurlers for cork he’s one of the toughest about.

7 Likes

He’s exceptional.

1 Like

I’d love to see him win one… As long as it’s not agin us :smiley:

1 Like

Christ what a game.

Barrett, Twomey and Hayes really all came of age last night. Twomey in particular threw himself at everything in midfield. Barrett has been threatening a performance like this for a while, delighted for him. In a similar vein, you can see Connolly is quickly becoming Cork’s #1 talisman up front.

We had to match Limerick physically, and we did. There was an edge to Cork that I haven’t seen from our Senior team in a long time. I’ve seen it at u20, and perhaps that is making its way up now.

The players seemed to really enjoy sowing it to Kyle Hayes, which I couldn’t help but find particularly satisfying.

Harnedy was my MOTM. A warrior. What a player he is. Fitz was suberb too, some classy scores at crucial stages of the game. He was also a worthy MOTM.

The much TFK maligned Rob Downey had a stormer. Dominated his part of the pitch.

Management, to their credit, got it right. Fair fucks to them given the pressure they were under.

Of course, if we lose in Thurles next week or Clare don’t do us a favour in Ennis, it is technically all for nothing. However, I can’t help but feel that this was a huge psychological boost for a lot of these players in their development.

8 Likes

Very enjoyable game to watch. One of the clued in young lads in the local had it on his phone and was able to cast it onto one of the TVs. There was a good crew of us watching it in the end.

Great back and forth in the game. As I have said Cork are not a bad team at all. Even with 14 they gave Clare plenty of it and had the Clare full back line in all sorts of bother.

It should be a great game v Tipp. Both teams in a knock out so early. Tipp are no bad side either. You can disregard the game v Limerick because they just fulfilled a fixture that day imo. Tipp put the big focus on the Waterford game first and foremost. Will be interested to see what Cahill comes up with for cork based on last night.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying it for a few years now that Cork would be the side to trouble Limerick & it appears true now.

They have the age profile, pace, hurling & at last physicality to match up whilst Limerick core players are finally slowing up.

Now, with Cork you don’t know as they could unravel v Tipp ( highly unlikely ) but the ingredients are finally there to progress into a force.

Pat Ryan regardless of how the season ends up needs time to put a stamp on the panel and grow this. Lads calling for his head are mad.

A dig in the balls and some cheap shots … Glad you enjoyed it :ok_hand:

Wow… You’re amazing… Half the fucking country have been saying this ffs :joy:

Have you sobered up after the few cans? :joy:

1 Like

Kyle Hayes while well able for giving the rough stuff was given nothing from the officials.

Fellas pulling and dragging off him openly trying to draw him out was clearly apparent.

1 Like

Listened to the game on the radio. Seemed like every shot was going over? Were there many/any wides?

1 Like

He’s a big job on today

This is the story of the game

3 Likes

3 Likes

It was. I thought a few of the Limericks appeared to be fair game to foul last night and nothing from Stack. Kyle still had a great game