Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

From D’examiner

The Clare lads struugling to get to meetings to explain that they struggle to go to Cork for Munster finals.

Meanwhile, Munster postponed a vote on rotating the venues for their SHC finals. The decision was supposed to be made at last Thursday’s competitions control committee meeting but was called off due to a Clare representative not being available.

Clare are opposed to the venue being shared by Cork, Limerick and Thurles. The proposal comes in the wake of Clare agreeing to face Limerick in TUS Gaelic Grounds in last June’s Munster SHC final just as it appeared the game was going to be fixed for Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

1 Like

Nasty post

I’m looking forward to Clare’s practical solution to this problem.

3 Likes

Clare’s position is that it should be decided on a case-by-case basis rather than at the discretion of Cork/Limerick/Tipp, which is what it will end up with if we’re fixed to a rotation

2 Likes

Is it not a case-by-case basis at the moment? In the absence of home and away agreements. I thought that was exactly what the Munster Final was this year, a case-by-case arrangement.

If they think they are arguing for Clare/Waterford held Munster Finals this simply isnt happening.

AFAIK Limerick and Cork still have a home and away arrangement for the Munster final in place.

They’re not.

I’d give dem limerick cunts nothing…:nerd_face:

1 Like

It could be nice to know each year where the Munster final is like the Superbowl or Champions league final whereby the local economies could have a festival type weekend on Munster final week but at the same time bringing Cork v Waterford to Limerick or some of the other fixtures might not make much sense.

1 Like

I personally think any final should be held in a neutral venue with equal ticket distribution. Rotation depending on the competing teams makes sense.

They do

1 Like

Hold it in Killarney every year.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have an issue with that

Definitely worth considering a Munster final in Killarney once a decade.
Tipp v Cork in Killarney is something I would like to see, I was young in 2004 and not alive in 1987, both looked class.

3 Likes

I vaguely remember tipp v cork alright

Itll never happen but if casement park gets redeveloped, Id love to see a one off Munster final up there. Theres a cohort up there that come down every year for it regardless

1 Like

“The famine is over” Richie Stakelum

It should definitely happen if/when it is built.

Give a years notice so Tipp/Cork/Limerick know they wont be getting it and allow for proper festivities in Belfast that week.

Be a great occasion.

1 Like

It should be moved to the other end of the country? Take some quiet time for yourself

1 Like

Not sure about a Munster final being shifted up to the other end of the country but the redeveloped Casement should definitely get a hurling league final or AI quarter final.

It’s a cracking spot, the Casement Park social club is a fine spot for pints.

1 Like