Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

We just focus on ourselves.

Lads thinking Cork will beat Clare would want to have a serious word with themselves. All throughout the league, this Cork team lacked identity, they was no system or structure of play evident.

Championship was no different. They now make upteen changes when possibly 2 were required. How do people think a team with so many changes can possible beat a well oiled machine like Clare is beyond me.

8 Likes

They’re all scarred by ‘corkness’

Corkness is with Ringy in the grave

3 Likes

They can still score heavily in bursts and Clare have been extremely flaky and give up huge space in defence. And cork are at home. I think Clare will win but you can see a route to victory for cork.

I think it’s a 50-50 game to be honest. It all boils down to how they respond to last week.

Clare have retained the same 15 and Cork have swung the axe. One of those strategies will work, but it’s hard to call which one. Cork need to get quicker ball inside. Connolly has goals in him and Horgan will deliver if well-serviced. Clare look to have the tools to dominate around the middle, though. Cork carrying ball in there will be futile and will put their backs under pressure.

Home advantage to swing it for Cork. Just.

An absolutely rousing rendition of Slievenamon there from Roscrea to end this weeks ‘Down Your Way’ on Tipp FM.

Francis Loughnane and Tadhg O’Connor urging the Tipperary players to stick their chests out and remember who they are.

Its on.

3 Likes

Agree totally… I thought with a couple of tweaks that theyd have a right shot at winning… But 6 changes just screams panic.

In saying that, if they can somehow stay within distance they have a great bench and Clare tend to flag a little down the stretch.

1 Like

I was going to back Cork this weekend but him making so many changes put me off. He obviously has no clue what he’s trying to do.

In Corks favour.
Waterford are better than people think.
That Clare full back line is there for the taking if Cork can get the right ball in and keep them moving around. Don’t think they’ll get away with the wrestling two weeks in a row. They’ll be on yellows early doors if they try.
Clare’s heads must have been in a blender this week also. They targeted last Sunday in a big way and collapsed with the finish line in sight. Think that will leave scars.
Plus Clare people are terrified of going to Cork.

However after about 55 mins last Sunday you were thinking Clare were going to beat Limerick by 15 points. In which case they would have been favs to win the all Ireland. Really the only question is how quickly they can rebound from that. On form they are the much better side.

1 Like

Clare are at a fork in the road.

Left is back to basics with a solid recovery tomorrow, ease into a Munster Final and a serious tilt at the big one.

Right is anything less than a win tomorrow, Lohan and a few more wind it up after failing to get out of Munster and they rebuild the team with someone else.

Left, just.

https://twitter.com/11larky/status/1784149981378585018

https://twitter.com/StephensDolan/status/1784159880594546919

:joy: Stephen would be your typical limerick GAA fan. Only took it up when Munster were going bad.

1 Like

While it’s an incredibly stupid thing to do by Gillane and probably would have been a red card if spotted, the pearl-clutching by the racist propaganda merchant is mildly amusing.

4 Likes

They could still beat Waterford and Tipp to advance on scoring difference. In any case I don’t think they’ll lose to Cork tomorrow.

Like I said a few days ago, it all depends on their heads. A cunt of a way to lose a game. Nearly on par with limerick in 94. Cork were always chasing the Waterford game and will point to the unjustified sending off of Cahalane. It was an easier defeat to take mentally. The Cork bench is strong and Clare were physically fucked after 50 minutes last week. If Cork are there or thereabouts going into the last 15/20, it’ll be interesting

Think it was Lucey.

Butt of hurl job.

They don’t do much to quell the stereotype :joy:

Literally went back to Ennis and walked all over the cunts

8 Likes

I can see Clare hurling Cork up a stick for 55 minutes and either Eimear dropping one into his net or one of the Clare fullback line getting a black card and Cork scrapping through.

1 Like

That was Brennan alright. Huge mistake not to have switched reale onto him for a period who would have returned it with interest and quietened him. Not sure was it shefflin or Brennan who split lucey. Think it was the second goal went in while he was off getting stitched up. The greatest hurling team of all time until this year but they got away with some amount of filth and refs bottling straightforward decisions against them. Same as the Dublin footballers.

No, twas Hickey alright, a trampish act