Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Morris blockdowns and Ford missed frees were the difference at half time. They gave up when Gillane goaled.

That’s on the players and a weak mentality.

The worse he has seen is all I can say.

A mixture of players and tactics (or lack of) for him.

The father in law, ever the optimist, said they downed tools to spare energy for the Waterford game :smiley:

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Who? They don’t have anywhere near as many excellent or even really good players as Cork or Waterford.

1 Like

Five times for Morris

1 Like

I believe Morris is top class. Wasn’t really helped on Sunday although he didn’t have his best game by any means.

Bryan O’Mara, Barrett, Morgan, Ronan Maher, Séamus Kennedy (injured I know) are all excellent. I think any county, with the exception of Limerick, would take them in a heartbeat.

There’s obviously something in GOC. Tremendous potential although he hasn’t really shown it in championship just yet.
Alan Tynan and Conor Bowe are both well able. Bowe should be in the forwards.
Forde and Breen are unbelievably enigmatic but the talent is clearly there in both.

1 Like

I’d tend to agree.

Barrett 3, Maher 6?

WOD absolutely ate them raw. If they don’t have appetite for the fight it doesn’t matter what players they have

He’s not.

1 Like

He’s not a 3. He’s a corner back. Keep him there if he’s fit. Maher maybe to half back.

Ah he’s not, not yet anyway.

There’s a good few decent players there but not as many as cork have.

Forde is 30 now and it’s never happened for him yet. I’d have Conor lehane ahead of him any day.

1 Like

Seamie Callanan had an inconsistent Tipp career from 2008-2013. From 2014-17, he was one of the best forwards in country. Morris’ first season for Tipp was 2018. He’s still only 24 so I’d have some hope for him.

1 Like

You can forget about Forde at this stage. I wouldn’t start him v Waterford.

3 Likes

Let’s not go too far.

4 Likes

Lehane has had a plenty of excellent championship performances. He’s done more than Forde I reckon.

I don’t think anyone is calling the Tipp forwards currently snipers in Cooper helmets. The Tipp forwards of the last 10 to 15 years were well able to score under pressure

1 Like

What’s that lad smoking if he thinks that full forward line has a) any chance of starting and b) won’t get absolutely wiped out?

2 Likes

Nah, in the 70/80s most of our losses were by between 1-4 points, possibly would’ve won a couple of AIs under a back door system. Last Sunday was the lowest ebb, by a long shot

3 Likes