Munster SHC 2021

Who was he marking?

Lohan called it straight and as he saw it. Davy would be alluding to dark forces and chicanery and not wanting to talk about it.

Lohanā€™s anger is perfectly understandable

13 Likes

Dan McCormack is a walking Covid contact here

Gandolfini-esque nose breathing from Brian during that interview

They could certainly do with one

3 Likes

Owens is a shit ref, full stop

Was Barrett lucky to avoid a second yellow? Certainly looked borderline on the replay. The fact he threw himself down on the ground afterwards makes me think he knew it might have been coming too.

Bizarre decision to completely change tactics after the break. It completely killed our momentum.

Possibly but the first one was terribly soft

I think this facet, about which I am curious, is key. Does ā€œa goal chanceā€ include an extrapolation about a man drawing defenders and making a green flag opportunity for a teammate? As I understood the matter, the hypothetical chance has to accrue to the player in possession. If the matter includes the possibility of passing to a teammate who then goals, we are in a much more complicated place as regards a refereeā€™s judgement.

I doubt Fergal Horgan, the best referee around, would have made todayā€™s call. James Owens, who appears to be gripped by Graeme Souness levels of self infatuation, is continually involved in controversial calls. People might wonder, in the phrase, whether he enjoys the sensation.

Surely Croke Park should clarify whether this rule includes extrapolation about a passing movement?

12 Likes

The 1st yellow was harsh in the extreme.

1 Like

You could say that about a foul in your own 45.
That was a fucking shocking decision, as bad as Iā€™ve seen in a championship match. In the (highly unlikely) event it had been given against tipp youā€™d have been livid, quite correctly. Add in a couple of highly dubious frees, Barrett avoiding the line, and the clear penalty for Clare at the end, it was an appalling display. He shouldnā€™t get another game in the championship.

5 Likes

He was but the diving and feigning injury or exaggerating contact are consistently hallmarks of his play regardless of his own discipline status.
Pity as he has so many positive attributes as a hurler.

Thought cleary was solid, conlon MIA for a good few of the tipp goal scoring chances.

I think he is weak minded and ( did you say there was talk of word in his ear in 2019 ref Richie? ) the linesman tells him to Bin McCarthy. The dozy twit automatically thinks penalty then.

He should be cast aside now regardless, he is centre stage now which means he is a dunce.

Iā€™d argue Shanagher catching the ball over Heffernan in the big D and Brendan Maher coming in as the second man and wrapping him up and hauling was every bit as much a ā€œgoal scoring opportunityā€ as the Morris one. If Maher doesnā€™t haul him down he is two strides off getting a shot off. Morris has a dozen strides to make before he can even consider a shot. Yet nobody would suggest that Maher should be sin binned

5 Likes

But the rule only applies to inside the 21 so you could forget all that post.

Thought conlon left a massive hole in the middle ā€¦he followed the ball too often ā€¦tipp could have had 6 goals through the middle on another day ā€¦

1 Like

Heā€™d be a top poster round here with that attitude

I think lads in Clare are lauding him because they have nothing else.
Theyā€™ve robbed Peter to pay Paul imo.

1 Like