Munster SHC 2021

:eyes::eyes:

Your frankly ludicrous extrapolation warranted the reply.
Why can’t you be honest with yourself?
I thought the 2019 aif call was reasonable. That was absolutely ridiculous, and came as part of as one eyed a display as you’d ever see in a televised game.

1 Like

Correct

Lohan’s interview was class, the way he was quietly seething and made it clear in as few words as possible. It’s well publicised that he holds grudges, but I’d say he even holds them against people that have no idea they’ve offended him too. I know someone with the same characteristics/demeanour, it’s very entertaining.

9 Likes

I never said it was a pen, mate. Why so tetchy?

McCarthy is the man who made a silly tackle.

I will argue with fuckhead Tyrell saying no way that is a goal scoring chance though, how can he ever know?

That’s my point, if you stopped raging against the man & played the ball you’d see that.

Tipp should win the Munster final with a bit to spare. They were absolutely lethal after the sin bin and showed how to take advantage of an extra man. Very impressive.

You reckon Tipp are better than Limerick, really?

Well based on last night and today youd have to say yes. Theres no way Limerick would have lived with Tipp (or Clare )today

1 Like

Tipp have a bit of luck with them this year.

Sheedy will have them hyped up like savages for the Munster final.

Jesus I don’t see it myself. I reckon Limerick are a far superior side. But you were at yesterday’s game so perhaps you saw things the rest didn’t see.

1 Like

LK once the gazelles slowed up won comfortably you numpty.

Advantage LK, only positive today for Tipp is a draw in the 1/4’s and the Cavemen seething like fuck

Tipp were a lot slicker. Better decision making. They’re was very little hail mary ball looking for scores today.

Look it, you’ve said enough, you’ve no faith in your lads to step up to Tipp, I heard you. I’m just surprised.

For anyone who missed it.

5 Likes

I’m only going (and it’s all I can go on) what I witnessed last night and the far superior quality that was served up today.

Thanks. Could you direct me to the wording that supports this interpretation/limitation? Would be much obliged.

There is no anti Tipperary sentiment involved. They have better hurlers overall than Clare and therefore will possess, in most circumstances, the better team. Tipp’s stickwork and touch in the wet was notably slicker. But Clare were gutsy out until the dread decision and I think the county, and every other hurling county, deserves absolute clarity on this crucial rule.

Here would be, before this afternoon, my understanding of this new rule. Namely: a penalty and the sin bin occurs when a player is fouled in a situation, inside the 20m line, where a goal opportunity for this player can reasonably be inferred. To me, this inference pivots on the fouled player being clean through or in a situation where a defender nearer than him to the goal could not be reasonably expected, given that defender’s position, to get in a block or a hook on a shot at goal.

However… If the ‘goal opportunity’ definition includes, say, a two on one scenario, we enter a qualitatively different type of inference. Fair enough, someone breaks through with only one defender back and an unmarked teammate across from him. The inference becomes that the player breaking through will draw the last defender and tee up his teammate for a goal. Fair enough but this relay of inference surely must also include the goalkeeper. Faced with a two on one scenario, best coaching says the last defender should go and confront the incoming attacker, with the goalkeeper advancing to attack the lateral pass. If the inference is that the incoming attacker will do the right thing, why would there not be a coeval inference that the outcoming goalkeeper will do the right thing?

Therein lies a big problem if definition of a ‘goal opportunity’ includes the player in possession providing an assist for a teammate.

2 Likes

Lookit, you’ve explained your lack of faith, it’s grand.

All spot on.

There was no actual need for this rule.

The only thing they needed to sort out to help the attacking player was to immediately halt the use of the hurl & spare arm drag on an opponent in the tackle.

They have fucked it up now & we can bleat all we want because I’d assume only Congress can change it back?

1 Like

Will Mr Milton be front and centre in the morning to clarify issues?

cc @myboyblue