Munster SHC 2021

Lookit seamie scored a goal from the corner flag. Anything is possible

2 Likes

And there was, if nothing else, a Clare defender right beside the far post who could have come to meet JM straight on.

Owens is yet another Sergeant Preen. He probably dreams of being a button, so that he could be endlessly polished.

You got awful technical on us there for a minute

1 Like

Munster Final, aah lovely. Hon Limerick!

Shur lookit. Hopefully we can keep it pucked out to the limericks. I wonder who’ll they get to ref it? :thinking:

There’ll be thousands of penalties in this year’a championship

The rule is well defined though. It states “clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity”. It’s how the refs are implementing it is the problem.

McCarthy’s challenge on Morris was a yellow card and free, nothing more. It was not a clear goal scoring opportunity as there was enough Clare cover to get back.

Jaysus there’s no county quite like Clare to go on about GAA decisions.

7 Likes

Yer man took Morris out of it to prevent a goal scoring opportunity.

That’s exactly what he was thinking. Fuck him.

James Owens was like Tom cruise in minority Report.

1 Like

By that token, any and every foul inside the 21 yard line is a penalty and a black card.
What is your opinion then on Daragh Honan incident?
I think the law is a good idea badly phrased, but if Owens is going to interpret it like that, he has to be consistent.

That’s very simplistic. This wasn’t a case of a fella stationary on the sideline roll lifting the ball into his hand and being taken out. This was a case of a chap with pace and momentum bearing down on goal. Of course it was a goal scoring opportunity. What the backs coming into the picture might or might not have done is neither here nor there. He was taken out when he had a goal scoring opportunity and the appropriate penalty was applied.

Clare would have been better off with Nigel Owens reffing yesterday

Here is a goal scored from a similar but even more unpromising position

1 Like

Sounds like that was a good game, never saw it before

6 Likes
1 Like

Not a hope that Dec Kelly will be able to muster up a brown envelope this time around. Advantage JP.

James Owens seems the obvious choice.

3 Likes

He’d be an excellent selection

I predict they’ll give the Munster final to Colm Lyons.

Any outdoor pubs in Cork city centre with a large screen tv(s) should my ticket hunt be unsuccessful?

(don’t want to jinx it but I should get sorted, hopefully)